- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
Gethin Ready For Gavin Rees
By Daniel Mole and Phil Barnett – Martin Gethin is hungry to build on his recent stoppage of dangerman Carl Johanneson by securing a shot at British and European lightweight champion Gavin Rees.
The in-form Walsall boxer halted Johanesson in 11 rounds last month to claim the IBF International title and has been rewarded by the British Boxing Board of Control, who have called purse bids for him to challenge Rees for the Lonsdale belt.
With his current form and ever-growing popularity in his hometown, Gethin explained that the lightweight division held no fears for him.
“I’ll fight anybody,” he told uko-boxing.com. “I’m in great form and great shape and ready to go again.
“This is where I want to be now, fighting on the bigger stage.
“Gavin Rees has been mentioned a few times and I suppose he’s the obvious next opponent but I’m open to anyone. Rees is a lot like Johanesson and I think that it would be a good match up.
“I’ve won the English title twice and this would be a way of adding the British title.
“Ricky Burns is another who I’d love to get in the ring with. He’s about my height if not a little taller, so he’d be a different opponent to Rees.
“Either way, I’d be up for the challenge.”
Rees will undoubtedly claim he has his eyes on bigger and better things but with a world title opportunity yet to materialise and challengers for his European title thin on the ground, the Newport scrapper may opt to engage in an intriguing domestic scrap.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes