- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
Gethin’s Rees hopes dashed but title shot still on
By Daniel Mole: Martin Gethin’s hopes of a showdown with Gavin Rees may have been dashed but he is still due a tilt at the British title.
The IBF International Lightweight Champion had expected to go toe-to-toe with Welshman Rees for the British lightweight title after the British Boxing Board of Control put him forward as the mandatory challenger for the belt.
However, it was confirmed yesterday that Rees would take on former WBA and WBO World title contender, John Murray, at the London Olympia on 8th December.
Rees’ promoter, Eddie Hearn, hasn’t stipulated that the Rees-Murray clash would be for the British belt and, with the BBBoC putting Rees-Gethin out to purse bids, the situation will become clearer when those bids are due on 17th November.
Gethin is still due a shot at the British title as, once the Board send a fight out to bids, it is binding unless the Challenger agrees to step aside or the Champion relinquishes his belt.
“I will just have to see how things pan out,” the Walsall-born 28 year-old told uko-boxing.com. “I want a shot at Rees but now his fight with Murray has been confirmed, things are up in the air.
“I’m in line for a shot at the British title. The British Boxing Board of Control have named me as the mandatory contender so we will see what happens.”
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive? Or Gennedy Gololvkin: Good boy with bad intentions
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes