- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
- Coyle and Ryder heading to Dublin
- Sammy Vasquez Jr. Training Camp Quotes
- Raging Babe online store to launch Friday
Golden Boy Promotions Inks Unbeaten Ivan Morales
As the younger brother of legendary and future Hall of Famer Erik “El Terrible” Morales and former World Champion Diego “Pelucho” Morales, unbeaten junior bantamweight prospect Ivan Morales has some of the best bloodlines in the sport. Now with the signing of a promotional agreement with Golden Boy Promotions, he will also have the best backing as he chases after a world championship.
“As the brother of Erik and Diego Morales, you know that Ivan Morales learned to fight from the best, but he’s proven himself in the ring as well and I can’t wait to see how far he can go in the future,” said Oscar De La Hoya, President of Golden Boy Promotions. “When you mix his technical skills, power and speed with his youth and determination, I have no doubt that Ivan will eventually be a world champion in multiple divisions.”
“Everyone knows that the best fighters in the world are on the Golden Boy team and I’m proud to be associated with them,” said Morales. “It’s an honor and I’m willing to put in the work and fight anyone they put in front of me to get there.”
Twenty-year-old Ivan Morales (17-0, 12 KO’s) pays homage to his eldest sibling with the nickname “Terrible II” and he’s now starting to build his own legacy in the family business. A southpaw with impressive power, the Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico native turned professional in 2009 and has yet to taste defeat in the ring. In 2011, he went 7-0 with five knockouts and he’s expecting to have another busy year in 2012, which has started with knockout wins over Ricardo Armenta in February and Edgar Martinez in April, the latter victory earning him his first pro title, the WBC International Silver Super Flyweight belt.
Morales’ Golden Boy Promotions debut will be announced soon. For more information, visit www.goldenboypromotions.com; follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GoldenBoyBoxing or visit us on Facebook at Golden Boy Facebook Page.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes