- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
González and Dzinziruk fight to draw; Mayosnet Jr. defeats Abraham
September 1, 2012 – Puerto Rican slugger, Jonathan “Mantequilla” González (15-0 1, 13 KOs) got a twelve round draw in his strongest test of his career, against former Jr. middleweight World Boxing Organization (WBO) champion, Sergiy “Razor” Dzinziruk (37-1-1, 23 KOs) of the Ukraine, in a meeting that was held in Verona, New York, at the Turning Stone Resort & Casino.
The Judges’ scorecards were 117-111 for González, 115-113 for Dzinziruk and 114-114.
“The fight ended up as a draw, but we feel that we won, and I will continue working harder to keep looking for my dream to become a world champion for my people of Puerto Rico” said Gonzalez, the undefeated, 23 years old fighter from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
At the end of the fight, González had the edge in power shots, 131 to 100.
The co-feature bout was scheduled to take place at 154 pounds and the WBC Continental Americas championship would be on the line but Gonzalez weighed in at 162 pounds and because of missing weight, the fight would only go on if Gonzalez weighed in at 166 pounds on Saturday morning. Gonzalez checked in at 165.2 pounds.
In the lightweight division, Team Puerto Rico member, Jorge “Machito” Mayosnet, Jr. (9-0, 8 KO) improve his unbeaten record by defeating journeyman, Bryam Abraham (6-14-2, 6 KO ) via technical knockout in the first round. Abraham visited the canvas twice.
“I felt super strong and comfortable for the fight. I thought Abraham was going to be a lot stronger but I always train hard and tonight was another great victory for me” said Maysonet.
Gonzalez and Maysonet are part of “Team Puerto Rico”, a collaboration between Gary Shaw Productions, Warriors Boxing, Universal Promotions and DiBella Entertaiment with the purpose of gathering the best talent in Puerto Rico.
In the feature bout of the evening, World Boxing Association (WBA) Champion at 160 pounds, Gennady Golovkin (24-0, 21 KO) defeated Grzegorz Proksa ( 28-2, 21 KO ) by TKO in the 5th round.
Both featured bouts were televised by HBO, as part of their series “Boxing After Dark®”.
The fightcard was promoted by Gary Shaw Productions, Arthur Pelullo/Banner Promotions, K2 Promotions, Greg Cohen Promotions, Matchroom Sport, Warriors Boxing and Universal Promotions.
Team Puerto Rico……….the new wave, once again making a splash…..
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada