- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Guerrero vs Berto: HBO World Championship Boxing returns Thanksgiving Saturday
HBO Sports unleashes an exciting Thanksgiving weekend doubleheader when WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING: ROBERTO GUERRERO VS. ANDRE BERTO AND KEITH THURMAN VS. CARLOS QUINTANA is seen SATURDAY, NOV. 24 (10:00 p.m. live ET/tape-delayed PT) from Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, Cal., exclusively on HBO. The HBO Sports team of Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman and Roy Jones Jr. will be ringside for all the action, presented in HDTV and in Spanish on HBO Latino.
Other HBO playdates: Nov. 25 (8:30 a.m.) and 26 (12:15 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Nov. 25 (5:30 p.m.) and 27 (11:15 p.m.)
Welterweight star Roberto Guerrero of Gilroy, Cal. (30-1-1, 18 KOs) puts his seven-year undefeated streak on the line in a 12-round, 147-pound showdown. Guerrero, 29, will confront the formidable Andre Berto (28-1, 22 KOs) of Winter Haven, Fla., who will be fighting for the first time since Sept. 2011, when he soundly defeated Jan Zaveck. Known for his devastating power, the 29-year-old Berto fought Victor Ortiz on HBO in April 2011 in a spectacular fight that made “best of” lists for the year. This Thanksgiving weekend matchup is one of the most intriguing headliner bouts of 2012.
Opening the evening, Keith Thurman (18-0, 17 KOs) of Clearwater, Fla., takes on Carlos Quintana (29-3, 23 KOs) of Moca, Puerto Rico in a scheduled ten-round, junior middleweight tilt. Just 23 years old, Thurman knocked out his last seven opponents; his sixth-round knockout of Orlando Lora served notice that he is a rising star. Quintana, 35, is best known for his surprising unanimous decision victory over Paul Williams in Feb. 2008, which was Williams’ first professional loss. Quintana, who previously fought Joel Julio, Miguel Cotto and Andre Berto, hopes to use his vast experience to withstand Thurman’s considerable skills.
All HBO boxing events are presented in HDTV. HBO viewers must have access to the HBO HDTV channel to watch HBO programming in high definition.
Follow HBO boxing news at hbo.com/boxing, on Facebook at facebook.com/hboboxing and on Twitter at twitter.com/hboboxing.
The executive producer of WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING is Rick Bernstein; producer, Thomas Odelfelt; director, Marc Payton.
® WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING is a registered service mark of Home Box Office, Inc.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada