- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Guerrero/Berto Quotes; Charlo, Caballero and Breazeale on Undercard
ROBERT “THE GHOST GUERRERO, Four Division and Six Time World Champion
“There is nothing left to say. It’s time to fight. I’m ready to fight and take care of business on November 24.”
ANDRE BERTO, Former Two-Time Welterweight World Champion
“This has been a long time coming. I’ve had a hell of a year, going through a lot of trials and tribulations. I believe that everything happens for a reason and I’ve learned a lot about myself and how strong I am to get through what I’ve been through. I’m in a whole other mind frame and have a whole new motivation.
“I had a tremendous training camp and I’m in the best shape that I’ve been in in a long time. I’m focused and I think that’s the most important thing.
“I want to thank Team Guerrero for taking the fight. He’s a tough opponent and you definitely have to respect him for going through what he’s been through with his wife. There’s nothing to do but respect a man like that.
“I know he’s coming to fight, so that’s going to make it more exciting.
“I’m in shape and I’m ready to get back out there under the lights and have fun like I used to.”
KEITH “ONE TIME” THURMAN, Rising Junior Middleweight Star
“I’m living the dream right now. I’ve been fighting since I was seven years old and this is what I want, to be in a big fight on a big stage on HBO.
“We both want to be champions and one of us already has been and I’m up and coming. I plan on taking out many people during my career and being champion at 154 or 147.
“I have a lot of confidence going into this fight. I’m strong and ready. I’m going to do my thing ‘One Time.’
“This fight is what I’m talking about..I don’t want no chumps. He’s already looking forward and talking about fighting Canelo Alvarez, but I like that. I like the confidence he has, because I want to be in a good fight.
“I have plenty of confidence as well. So don’t blink, as I have a lot of early knockouts and I have the abilities and skills to make that happen again on Saturday night.”
CARLOS QUINTANA, Former World Champion
“I’m very excited to fight on this card on HBO, especially at 154 pounds.
“At 147 pounds, I had a very difficult time making weight, but I’m never looking back, I’m only looking forward to my future. At 154, I’m a new fighter and I’m undefeated.
“I expect a difficult fight from my opponent. He is young, strong and knows how to box, but come November 24, I’ll be victorious.
“I was once his age and know what it’s like to be hungry, but this is my time.”
OSCAR DE LA HOYA, President of Golden Boy Promotions
“November 24 is a special Thanksgiving treat for fight fans. In both fights, you have two warriors wiling to face each other to prove they are the best in their weight classes. It will be electrifying night of boxing.
“The co-featured fight is going to be a great fight. It’s a 50-50 fight, where it will be a toss of the coin type of fight. On one side you have a fighter who has the experience, confidence, speed, power and intelligence of a veteran [in Carlos Quintana], but on the other side, you have a future world champion who doesn’t have as much experience, but has youth, confidence and is an unbeaten rising star that brings excitement to the game.”
“With the main event, we are expecting record breaking numbers on HBO because of the magnitude of this fight. The winner of this fight is in line to face the best, the Mayweather’s and guys like that. Guerrero is a tough guy in the welterweight division and not scared to fight anybody. He is fighting one of the best and that’s why we respect him.
“I don’t care when you [Andre Berto] lose or how you lose, but when you come back and knockout your next opponent in the fifth round, that’s a man on a mission.”
JERMELL CHARLO, RANDY CABALLERO AND 2012 OLYMPIAN DOMINIC BREAZEALE FILL NOVEMBER 24 GUERRERO VS. BERTO UNDERCARD THIS SATURDAY AT CITIZENS BUSINESS BANK ARENA IN ONTARIO, CALIF.
LOS ANGELES, November 21 – Unbeaten contender Jermell Charlo, unbeaten prospect Randy Caballero and 2012 United States Olympian Dominic Breazeale are ready to step into the ring at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California on Saturday, November 24 in separate bouts leading up to the HBO World Championship Boxing® doubleheader featuring the WBC Interim Welterweight World title fight between Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero and former Two-Time Welterweight World Champion Andre Berto.
In the featured non-televised undercard bout, undefeated junior middleweight Charlo will face Dashon Johnson in a 10-round bout. Also in action will be Coachella, California’s fan favorite Caballero facing Mexico’s Rigoberto Casillas in a junior featherweight fight scheduled for eight rounds and Breazale battling Mike Bissett in a four round heavyweight matchup.
Houston’s Jermell Charlo (18-0, 9 KO’s) has been on fight fans’ radar ever since he turned pro in 2007 after an outstanding amateur career. In the last two years, he’s made even more of an impression with his big wins over unbeaten Luis Grajeda and fellow prospects Francisco Santana and Chris Chatman. Coming off of a fifth round knockout win over Denis Douglin in June, the 22-year-old Charlo will look to give fans another stellar performance this weekend against Escondido, California’s Dashon Johnson (13-8-3, 4 KO’s) who will be stepping into the ring with his third straight undefeated foe after battling Daquan Arnett and Glen Tapia in 2012.
Popular NABO Bantamweight Champion Randy Caballero (16-0, 8 KO’s) will be stepping up in weight on Saturday to face Delicias, Mexico’s Rigoberto Casillas (8-8-1, 6 KO’s). 22-year-old Caballero had an impressive title defense in August against Manuel Roman and is looking to end the year with a fourth win against the hard-hitting Casillas.
2012 United States Olympian and heavyweight prospect Dominic Breazeale (1-0, 1 KO) introduced himself to professional boxing earlier this month taking just 66 seconds to stop Curtis Tate. He’s not about to let that momentum slip away, as he returns to the ring to take on fellow unbeaten Mike Bissett (1-0, 1 KO) of Nashville, a fighter who needed just 1:43 to win his pro debut against Roberto White in October.
In additional undercard bouts, Vallejos, Calif. heavyweight Gerald Washington (4-0, 3 KO’s) faces Jamiah Williamson (3-4, 2 KO’s) of Gardena, featherweight Manny Robles Jr. (2-0, 1 KO) takes on fellow Los Angeles product Misael Martinez (0-6) and Cincinnati lightweight Robert Easter Jr. (1-0, 1 KO) meets Bell’s Carlos Gonzalez (1-2). This trio of bouts are scheduled for four rounds each.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES