Tor Hamer vs. Vyacheslav Glazkov on December 22nd in Bethlehem, PA
In a match of young, exciting, up and coming heavyweights, New York’s Tor Hamer, 19-1, 12 KOs, takes on Ukraine’s Vyacheslav Glazkov, 13-0, 9 KOs, in the co-feature bout on Saturday, December 22nd when boxing returns to network TV in a special afternoon edition of NBC’s acclaimed Fight Night boxing series. The broadcast begins at 4PM ET, from the Sands Casino Resort in Bethlehem, PA.
The main event features the highly anticipated rematch between former world champions Tomasz “Goral” Adamek, 47-2, 29 KOs, and “USS” Steve Cunningham, 25-4, 12 KOs, for the #2 position in the IBF rankings. Adamek won their first meeting, which was a “fight of the year” candidate in 2008.
In their 8-rounder, Hamer and Glazkov will look to attract the attention needed to begin their own climb up the heavyweight ladder. However, only one of them, the winner of the fight, can make a move.
Hamer, the college-educated pugilist dubbed by the Village Voice as the “Gentleman Boxer”, is an exciting combatant who is riding an 8-bout winning streak. In his most recent fight, Hamer plastered Dominique Alexander in just over four minutes, scoring a second round TKO in St. Charles, MO in October.
In June of this year Hamer bested Kevin Johnson to win the Prizefighter UK heavyweight tournament in London, England.
Glazkov has never lost as a pro, and in his last outing defeated tough Konstantin Airich of Kazakhstan over ten rounds. The near-shutout win earned Glazkov the Vacant WBC Baltic Silver Heavyweight Title. The fight with Hamer will be just his second appearance in the United States.
As an amateur Glazkov won a bronze medal as a super heavyweight in Beijing in 2008. He also defeated David Price in the amateurs.
Both fighters have strong amateur backgrounds, are close in size, age, and experience, and bring good punching power to the fight. Such similarity makes the contest a real toss-up between two rising prospects in the stiffest tests of their respective careers.
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Mike Tyson’s blue-chip welterweight prospect Erickson Lubin is future of boxing
- Will Agbeko Perform Better Than Donaire Against Rigondeaux?
- WBC News
- Livestream: Judah vs Malignaggi Presser & Weigh-In
- Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame a knockout success
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights