HBO Boxing After Dark returns Saturday Night
The latest edition of HBO Sports’® hit late-night boxing series, HBO BOXING AFTER DARK: THOMAS DULORME vs. luis carlos abregu, mauricio herrera vs. karim mayfield and MIGUEL VAZQUEZ VS. MARVIN QUINTERO presents an action-packed tripleheader on SATURDAY, OCT. 27 at 10:15 p.m. (live ET/tape-delayed PT) from Turning Stone Resort Casino in Verona, NY, exclusively on HBO. The team of Bob Papa, Max Kellerman and Roy Jones Jr. will be ringside for the event, which will be available in HDTV, closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired and presented in Spanish on HBO Latino.
Other HBO playdates: Oct. 28 (10:00 a.m.) and 29 (12:15 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Oct. 28 (4:00 p.m.) and 30 (midnight)
In the scheduled ten-round welterweight main event, one of boxing’s top prospects, Thomas Dulorme (16-0, 12 KOs) of Carolina, Puerto Rico, puts his flawless record on the line against Luis Carlos Abregu (33-1, 27 KOs) of Salta, Argentina. Abregu, 28, whose only loss came against current welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, will look to use his experience and knockout power to overcome the boxing prowess of the 22-year-old Dulorme. Either fighter could earn a title shot with a win.
The second fight features Mauricio Herrera (18-2, 7 KOs) of Lake Elsinore, Cal., and San Francisco’s Karim Mayfield (16-0-1, 10 KOs) in a scheduled ten-round light welterweight battle. Herrera, 32, most recently lost by unanimous decision in an exciting fight with Mike Alvarado, while Mayfield, 31, improved his spotless record by knocking out the previously undefeated Raymond Serrano in his last fight.
The opening bout features two Mexican nationals going toe-to-toe when Miguel Vazquez (31-3, 13 KOs) of Guadalajara defends his lightweight title against Tijuana’s Marvin Quintero (25-3, 21 KOs). The 25-year-old Vazquez has a significant reach and height advantage, while the left-handed Quintero, also 25, owns a 75% knockout percentage and will look to make a statement with his power punching in this 12-round tilt.
The evening of boxing programming starts at the 10:00 p.m. ET/PT with the premiere of “2 Days: Seth Mitchell” on HBO.
Follow HBO boxing news at hbo.com/boxing, on Facebook at facebook.com/hboboxing and on Twitter at twitter.com/hboboxing.
All HBO boxing events are presented in HDTV. HBO viewers must have access to the HBO HDTV channel to watch HBO programming in high definition.
The executive producer of HBO BOXING AFTER DARK is Rick Bernstein; producer, Thomas Odelfelt; director, Marc Payton.
® HBO BOXING AFTER DARK is a registered service mark of Home Box Office, Inc.
- Beard Backs Malinga To Beat Hall For World Crown
- ‘Rocky’ Returns After Two Years Out At Wigan
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Price’s ring-return delayed by virus
- Lionell Thompson plans to destroy Ryan Coyne Saturday in Atlantic City
- Local Stars Triumph In WBF Title Fights
- “Malignaggi, Rigondeaux, Sturm, Lara, Porter, and Kirkland” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap”
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed