- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
HBO Boxing After Dark returns Saturday Night
The latest edition of HBO Sports’® hit late-night boxing series, HBO BOXING AFTER DARK: THOMAS DULORME vs. luis carlos abregu, mauricio herrera vs. karim mayfield and MIGUEL VAZQUEZ VS. MARVIN QUINTERO presents an action-packed tripleheader on SATURDAY, OCT. 27 at 10:15 p.m. (live ET/tape-delayed PT) from Turning Stone Resort Casino in Verona, NY, exclusively on HBO. The team of Bob Papa, Max Kellerman and Roy Jones Jr. will be ringside for the event, which will be available in HDTV, closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired and presented in Spanish on HBO Latino.
Other HBO playdates: Oct. 28 (10:00 a.m.) and 29 (12:15 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Oct. 28 (4:00 p.m.) and 30 (midnight)
In the scheduled ten-round welterweight main event, one of boxing’s top prospects, Thomas Dulorme (16-0, 12 KOs) of Carolina, Puerto Rico, puts his flawless record on the line against Luis Carlos Abregu (33-1, 27 KOs) of Salta, Argentina. Abregu, 28, whose only loss came against current welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, will look to use his experience and knockout power to overcome the boxing prowess of the 22-year-old Dulorme. Either fighter could earn a title shot with a win.
The second fight features Mauricio Herrera (18-2, 7 KOs) of Lake Elsinore, Cal., and San Francisco’s Karim Mayfield (16-0-1, 10 KOs) in a scheduled ten-round light welterweight battle. Herrera, 32, most recently lost by unanimous decision in an exciting fight with Mike Alvarado, while Mayfield, 31, improved his spotless record by knocking out the previously undefeated Raymond Serrano in his last fight.
The opening bout features two Mexican nationals going toe-to-toe when Miguel Vazquez (31-3, 13 KOs) of Guadalajara defends his lightweight title against Tijuana’s Marvin Quintero (25-3, 21 KOs). The 25-year-old Vazquez has a significant reach and height advantage, while the left-handed Quintero, also 25, owns a 75% knockout percentage and will look to make a statement with his power punching in this 12-round tilt.
The evening of boxing programming starts at the 10:00 p.m. ET/PT with the premiere of “2 Days: Seth Mitchell” on HBO.
Follow HBO boxing news at hbo.com/boxing, on Facebook at facebook.com/hboboxing and on Twitter at twitter.com/hboboxing.
All HBO boxing events are presented in HDTV. HBO viewers must have access to the HBO HDTV channel to watch HBO programming in high definition.
The executive producer of HBO BOXING AFTER DARK is Rick Bernstein; producer, Thomas Odelfelt; director, Marc Payton.
® HBO BOXING AFTER DARK is a registered service mark of Home Box Office, Inc.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Bernard Hopkins & Beibut Shumenov Washington D.C. Presser Quotes
- DANNY “SWIFT” GARCIA MAKES HIS GRAND ARRIVAL IN PUERTO RICO
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior