- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
- USA Boxing’s Elite Women to Face Northern Neighbors in the Battle of the Frontiers on August 21
- Gingras-McCreedy, young stars headline Sept. 12
Hernandez vs. Ross: Sauerland could imagine rematch
In boxing, close decisions often call for a rematch. Such could be the case following the fight between IBF Cruiserweight Champion Yoan Pablo Hernandez and Troy Ross, who clashed in front of 3,000 fans at the Stechert Arena in Bamberg, Germany on Saturday night. After 12 exciting rounds, Hernandez was ahead 114-113, 115-112 and 116-112 on the scorecards. Manager Wilfried Sauerland believes a rematch is possible.
“That was a very interesting and exciting fight and a lucky win for Pablo,” said the 72-year-old, who was on business in South Africa and therefore watched the fight on TV.
“A draw would have been more just. Ross, as the challenger, should have done more to win. He relied too much on countering. Pablo did not seem to be concentrated enough and he was not as explosive as he used to be. Rather than controlling the fight with his jab, he was happy to trade punches and went for the KO. That gave Ross the opportunity to counter with his hooks. That´s why he did not look good in the third and fifth round.”
But then the tide turned. “In the ninth, Pablo had the chance to end the fight, but he didn´t follow it up decisively enough,” added the Hall of Famer. “From my point of view, there should be a rematch to find a clear winner.”
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin
- Danny Garcia – Viktor Postol fight ordered by WBC