- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
Holly Holm Challenges Lamare For Light Welter Title
Reigning World Boxing Federation Women’s World Welterweight Champion Holly Holm will be looking to further cement her position as the Pound-For-Pound best female fighter in the world, when she moves down in weight to challenge WBF World Light Welterweight Champion Myriam Lamare in a rematch on December 7 at the Route 66 Casino in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Holm, 31-2-3 (9), conquered the P-4-P crown in her last fight when she reversed a previous loss, and captured the WBF World Welterweight title, against Anne Sophie Mathis, and she is now moving on to another Super Fight a weight class below against another Frenchwoman in Lamare, 20-3 (19), whom she beat on points in an action-packed battle in 2009.
“When Myriam and I met last time, it was one of my toughest fights”, said Holm at the press conference to announce the bout. “I felt like she had me guessing her game plan from round to round. I have faith in my promoter, who always believes in me, and my trainer. I’m as nervous as I’ll ever be, but I’m excited to take on the challenge.”
Prior to losing to Holm in their first fight, Myriam Lamare had won two world titles, and since their original encounter in January 2009, at Welterweight, the 37-year-old from Marseille won the WBF world Light Welterweight title in October of that same year, and has since made two successful defenses. This time they will fight at Lamare´s best weight, and it is sure to be another big night for women’s boxing.
“Holly Holm has proven that she’s the best pound-for-pound women’s fighter in the world and Myriam Lamare is the No. 1 world-rated light welterweight,” promoter Lenny Fresquez said. “Their first fight was very competitive and I don’t expect anything less in their rematch on December 7 at the beautiful Route 66 Casino Hotel.”
Holly Holm vs. Myriam Lamare II, for the World Boxing Federation World Light Welterweight title, is billed as “Fire And Ice”, and will be promoted by Fresquez Productions in association with Route 66 Casino Hotel. For more information log on to www.fresquezproductions.com or www.rt66casino.com
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive? Or Gennedy Gololvkin: Good boy with bad intentions
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes