- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Holm fighting at light welterweight only Dec. 7 vs. Lamare II in FIRE AND ICE
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (October 15, 2012) – Veteran promoter Lenny Fresquez wants to make it perfectly clear that his 12-time, three-division world champion Holly “The Preacher’s Daughter” Holm (31-2-3, 9 KOs) – the reigning Queen of Boxing — is dropping down in weight, from her natural welterweight class to light welterweight, only for her December 7 “Fire And Ice” event rematch with four-time world title-holder Myriam Lamare (20-3, 10 KOs), in their International Boxing Association (IBA) light welterweight title clash at Route 66 Casino Hotel in Albuquerque.
“Fire And Ice,” presented by Fresquez Productions, in association with Route 66 Casino Hotel, will be headlined by Holm-Lamare II. Holm won a unanimous 10-round decision over Lamare, fighting for only the second time outside of France, back on January 23, 2008 in Albuquerque, by scores of 98-92, 97-93 and 96-94 in Holm’s successful WIBA welterweight title defense.
“This is a one-time situation that was negotiated in order for Holly to be able to fight the best available opponent, Myriam Lamare,” Fresquez explained. “Holly is moving down in weight to 140 pounds but, after this fight, she plans to resume here professional career as a welterweight.”
Holm sports a 14-1-1 (6 KOs) record as a light welterweight. She was the IBA light welterweight champion from 2004 through 2006, but she’s primarily fought as a welterweight for the past six years, excluding a move up to junior middleweight in 2008 to fight previously Mary Jo Saunders, in which Holm won one fight by unanimous decision and the other was a draw.
Holm (31-2-3, 9 KOs), who celebrates her 31st birthday on Oct. 17, has defeated a Who’s Who list of woman boxers from the 140 through 154-pound weight classes, including Anne Sophie Mathis, Christy Martin, Sanders, Mia St. John, Jane Couch, Duda Yankovich and Chevelle Hallback (twice).
Lamare, a 37-year-old fighting out of Marseille, won a 10-round decision against Hallback in her last action (November 5, 2011) for the vacant IBF light welterweight crown.
Supporting fights showcasing local boxers was also announced: light welterweight Matthew “Champ” Baca (1-0, 1 KO) vs. TBA (6 rounds), female light welterweight Victoria “La Reina de la Guerra” Cisneros (6-13-2, 2 KOs) vs. Australian invader Diana Prazak (11-1, 7 KOs) in an eight-round bout, bantamweight Raymond “Hollewood” Montez (5-2, 3 KOs) vs. TBA, plus amateur standout featherweight Jason Sanchez will be making his pro debut vs. Gene Perez (1-0), in four-round fights.
For more information about “Fire And Ice” go on line to www.FresquezProductions.com or www.rt66casino.com.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say