- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Holm fighting at light welterweight only Dec. 7 vs. Lamare II in FIRE AND ICE
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (October 15, 2012) – Veteran promoter Lenny Fresquez wants to make it perfectly clear that his 12-time, three-division world champion Holly “The Preacher’s Daughter” Holm (31-2-3, 9 KOs) – the reigning Queen of Boxing — is dropping down in weight, from her natural welterweight class to light welterweight, only for her December 7 “Fire And Ice” event rematch with four-time world title-holder Myriam Lamare (20-3, 10 KOs), in their International Boxing Association (IBA) light welterweight title clash at Route 66 Casino Hotel in Albuquerque.
“Fire And Ice,” presented by Fresquez Productions, in association with Route 66 Casino Hotel, will be headlined by Holm-Lamare II. Holm won a unanimous 10-round decision over Lamare, fighting for only the second time outside of France, back on January 23, 2008 in Albuquerque, by scores of 98-92, 97-93 and 96-94 in Holm’s successful WIBA welterweight title defense.
“This is a one-time situation that was negotiated in order for Holly to be able to fight the best available opponent, Myriam Lamare,” Fresquez explained. “Holly is moving down in weight to 140 pounds but, after this fight, she plans to resume here professional career as a welterweight.”
Holm sports a 14-1-1 (6 KOs) record as a light welterweight. She was the IBA light welterweight champion from 2004 through 2006, but she’s primarily fought as a welterweight for the past six years, excluding a move up to junior middleweight in 2008 to fight previously Mary Jo Saunders, in which Holm won one fight by unanimous decision and the other was a draw.
Holm (31-2-3, 9 KOs), who celebrates her 31st birthday on Oct. 17, has defeated a Who’s Who list of woman boxers from the 140 through 154-pound weight classes, including Anne Sophie Mathis, Christy Martin, Sanders, Mia St. John, Jane Couch, Duda Yankovich and Chevelle Hallback (twice).
Lamare, a 37-year-old fighting out of Marseille, won a 10-round decision against Hallback in her last action (November 5, 2011) for the vacant IBF light welterweight crown.
Supporting fights showcasing local boxers was also announced: light welterweight Matthew “Champ” Baca (1-0, 1 KO) vs. TBA (6 rounds), female light welterweight Victoria “La Reina de la Guerra” Cisneros (6-13-2, 2 KOs) vs. Australian invader Diana Prazak (11-1, 7 KOs) in an eight-round bout, bantamweight Raymond “Hollewood” Montez (5-2, 3 KOs) vs. TBA, plus amateur standout featherweight Jason Sanchez will be making his pro debut vs. Gene Perez (1-0), in four-round fights.
For more information about “Fire And Ice” go on line to www.FresquezProductions.com or www.rt66casino.com.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES