- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Hopkins to challenge Cloud for IBF 175 lb title on 3/9 in Brooklyn
By Bill Phanco: 47-year-old Bernard Hopkins (52-6-2, 32 KO’s) faces IBF light heavyweight champion Tavoris Cloud (24-0, 19 KO’s) on March 9th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Hopkins wants to win another world title, and he’ll be 48 by the time this fight takes place, making him one of the oldest world champions.
Hopkins hasn’t looked good lately in his last two fights against Chad Dawson, so it’s hard to tell how much Hopkins has left for this fight with Cloud. Hopkins lost last fight in April of this year to Dawson by a 12 round majority decision in a fight where Hopkins couldn’t pull the trigger enough on his punches to get the win.
In his fight before that, Hopkins’ fight with Dawson ended up a 2nd round no contest after Dawson picked Hopkins off the ground and dropped him on his shoulder on the canvas. Hopkins hurt his shoulder during the fall, and the fight was promptly stopped, but Hopkins didn’t look good in the 2 rounds of action before then.
Cloud hasn’t been all that impressive in defending his title against the likes of Gabriel Campillo, Fulgencio Zuniga, and Yusaf Mack. Those fights were competitive ones for Cloud and he hardly shined, especially in the Campillo fight. A lot of fans think Cloud should have lost that fight.
Cloud is nothing special, and Hopkins, if he’s got anything left in the tank, he should win this one, but I don’t know how much Hopkins has left in the tank at this point in his career. I do know that Hopkins didn’t look good in either of his last two fights.
Hopkins will have to really take the fight to Cloud if he wants to win this fight because Cloud is the type of fighter that does really well when he’s the one pressuring his opponents.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say