- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Independence Day Boxing show to thrill Nigerians Monday
By Prince Dornu-Leiku: The Blue Roof of Lagos TV in the Nigerian economic capital takes centre stage when a boxing bonanza with two national titles at stake comes alive on Monday October 1. There will also be music and comedy featuring some of Nigeria’s top comedians to spice up the occasion.
Nigerian Light Welterweight champion Sunday Ajayi (12-6-1, 5 KOs) makes a defence of his title against unbeaten Sadiq Ahmed (4-0, 2 KOs) whilst young Waidi Usman (2-0, 2 KOs) battles Dare Oywola (2-2, 2KOs) for the vacant Nigeria Featherweight championship in the main events.
Under the auspices of the Nigerian Boxing Board of Control (NBBofC) and promoted by Freels and Threels Entertainment headed by Remi Aboderin who is also Secretary General of NBBofC, a total of seven bouts are lined up to whet Nigerian boxing fans’ appetite and excitement on this most important of days in the country’s history and also push up the quest to bring out the best in professional boxing in the big West African nation.
“Last year we did a world title, now we are promoting a 2 bout title fight and a 5 bout contest match in total 7 bouts. Next year between February to June 2013 we will be promoting a WBC Silver belt title and a WBC International. I am also thinking about contacting the WBO for titles too. Freels and Threels Entertainment will bring out the best of professional boxing and bring boxers from Kenya, Ghana, and South Africa,” wrote Freels and Threels Director for Sports Onyeka Eboma Elum on his Facebook page.
Other supporting bouts are a 6-round Super Middleweight contest between Jude Ilo and Bassy Epenyoung, an 8-round Light Welterweight championship featuring Saheed Olayiwola versus Ahmed Yusuf and Alani Suleman against Isiaka Akinsola in a Middleweight contest, also over 8 rounds.
Completing the line up for Monday Night in Lagos are a 6-round Cruiserweight fight featuring Ademola Faniyi against Rafiu Olanipekun as well as Abolore Olamide versus Thomson Chukwuemeka at Lightweight over 6 rounds.
Tickets for entry are priced at N500 (Five hundred Naira) for regular and N1000 (One thousand Naira) for VIP.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity