Jack Culcay vs. Frederic Serre on August 25th
Jack Culcay (11-0, 7 KOs) is one of the biggest hopes of German boxing. On August 25 he now has the chance of adding his first professional international title to the world championship medal he won in 2009 in Milan (Italy) as an amateur. At the o2 World Berlin Culcay will fight it out for the vacant World Boxing Association (WBA) Intercontinental Light Middleweight Championship against Frederic Serre (13-6, 3 KOs) from France.
In his last outing he delivered a convincing TKO-victory against the Italian Salvatore Annunziata in Stuttgart last February. Since then the Hamburg based boxer has been preparing for his next fight, hoping for a title-bout. Now the orthodox fighter finally has the chance he was looking for and is anxious to get started. “I am ready for the fight,” said Culcay. “My preparation has been going well and I am really looking forward to get going.”
So far, the 26-year-old has won every time he stepped into the ring and of course, he wants August 25 to be no different. “Obviously, I want to keep my winning streak alive. But it gets tougher with every fight as the opposition is getting stronger.” This is a fact which has been taken into account during his current training camp and he has paid special attention to his opposite Serre. “He is a good boxer,” said Culcay. “He already had two title bouts in his career and lost both of them. He won’t want that to happen again.”
In about two weeks time young Jack Culcay has the opportunity to show that he has what it takes to be one of the greatest in a very strong and competitive division.
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Mayweather/Maidana 2 in Las Vegas on 9/13 – MGM Grand
- “I Don’t Owe Alvarez Anything Other Than Left Hands!” Blasts Lara
- Iron Mike Productions: “Judgement Day” – Live Tonight on FoxSports1 (8ET/5PT)
- Let’s give Jesús the Space He’s Earned
- Weights From Miami, Florida: Argenis Mendez, 129.8 vs. Rances Bathelemy 130
- Mikey Garcia: Lara could out-box Canelo
- Lara: After Canelo, I want Mayweather