- Gennady Golovkin takes to the hill Saturday night
- Hernandez and Arslan respectful, confident of victory!
- Demetrius Andrade invades Liverpool, England
- “Lara is one of the best I’ll ever face” admits Canelo on eve of eagerly anticipated clash live on Boxnation
- Boxing After Dark returns August 2
- Antoine Douglas headlines quadruple header on Sho Box July 25 at Turning Stone Resort Casino
Jean Pascal to Battle Aleksy Kuziemski live on WealthTV on Friday, December 14th
SAN DIEGO, CA -December 10, 2012– Jean Pascal (26-2-1, 16 KOs), the proven World Boxing Council (WBC) Light Heavyweight champion from 2009 to 2011, is returning to the ring to battle former Olympian and two-time WBO world challenger Aleksy Kuziemski, live and exclusively on WealthTV Friday, December 14 at 7 PM EST from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada.
In 2010, Pascal had an impressive victory over the then undefeated Chad Dawson, giving Dawson his first professional loss. Pascal twice went the distance with the legendary Bernard Hopkins. In the first Pascal v. Hopkins fight, Pascal became the first man to put the future Hall of Famer on the canvas in more than fifteen years, yet Pascal was only able to secure a draw. In Pascal’s last outing, a WBC/IBO world unification fight against Dawson back in May of 2011, Pascal took Hopkins the distance but came up short on points. Pascal plans to once again fight WBC Light Heavyweight Champion Chad Dawson on March, 23 2013 but before that fight can take place Pascal must get himself back in the various boxing associations’ rankings with an impressive performance against Kuziemski.
Looking to upset the apple cart, Kuziemski (23-4, 7 KOs), comes into this fight with extensive amateur and professional experience. He won a bronze medal at the 2003 World Championships in Bangkok, Thailand, and represented Poland in the 2004 Athens Olympics (Pascal fought for Canada in the same Olympiad.) Kuziemski has also challenged for a WBO world title twice but came up short against champion Juergen Braehmer and undefeated Nathan Cleverly
“Jean Pascal is one of the most exciting fighters in the world. We know Kuziemski has been training hard and will be trying to make a statement, making the toe-to-toe action exciting for our viewers,” stated Tommy Morris, director of live events for WealthTV. “The main event will have fight fans on the edge of their seats. We’re also excited about the strong undercard bouts featuring a number of undefeated rising stars, making for a great night of professional boxingentertainment,” Morris concluded.
The card also contains middleweight, David Lemieux (27-2, 26 KOs), who has astonishingly knocked out 26 opponents in his 27 victories. Lemieux will square off against a tough Albert Ayrapetyan (20-3, 9 KOs.)
EleiderAlverez (10-0, 6 KO) will trading punches with England’s Danny McIntosh (13-3, 7KOs) for the WBO NABO light heavyweight title. Both Lemieux and Alverez appeared on WealthTV on October, 12, 2012, both won in knockouts in the first and second round respectively.
Additionally, undefeated super featherweight Logan McGuinness (18-0 9 KOs) is scheduled for 10 rounds with Carlos Manuel Reyes (23-1-1, 15 KOs) and welterweights KevinBizier (18-0, 13KOs) and upset specialist Doel Carrasquillo will duke it out as well.
The entire card will be featured live and exclusively on WealthTV, which is available nationally on Verizon FiOS TV channel 169 and 669 in HD, AT&TU-Verse TV channels 470 and 1470 in HD, along with over 100 cable systems across the country as well as on line viewing via computer and a numerous connected devices and via www.wealthtv.com.
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Live Stream: Canelo vs Lara Weigh-In at 6 ET/3 PT
- Cleverly: Tomorrow is the calm before the Bellew storm
- Alvarez vs. Lara – A fight for Alvarez to lose
- Canelo-Lara Fight Week Coverage – Presser
- Mayweather vs. Maidana II Set For Sept. 13 Live on SHO PPV
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara: Winner enters elite ranks
- Bradley Up For A Miguel Cotto Fight