- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
Jeffrey vs. Garbatt on August 31st
DOVER, Del. — Friday Night Fights on Aug. 31 in the Rollins Center® arena will feature a main event with female champion “Queen” Ronica Jeffrey for the World Boxing Council Silver Super Featherweight Title.
Former Golden Glove champion, undefeated Jeffrey, from Bronx, NY, has a record of 10 wins, 1 by knockout, and zero losses. Jeffrey currently holds the WBU and NABF female Championship titles in her weight class, both earned in the Rollins Center at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino. Her opponent will be “Lethal” Lindsay Garbatt of Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, with a record of 7 wins, 3 by knockout, and 5 losses.
Appearing as a co-feature on the card is undefeated light heavyweight Dennis “The Assassin” Hasson, of Philadelphia, Pa. Hasson’s record is impressive at 14 wins, 5 by knockout, and zero losses. His opponent will be Daniel Judah, 23(10)-9-3, of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Appearing in his professional debut is Jeffrey Dorsey, grandson of former undisputed heavyweight world champion Larry “The Easton Assassin” Holmes. “People will love him. He is a miniature Larry Holmes, with my jab and all,” said Holmes of his grandson, Dorsey. Larry Holmes is planning to be in the Rollins Center for the debut of Dorsey.
Along with Dorsey, the night’s under card includes super featherweight Omar “Super O” Douglas, 5(3)-0, of Wilmington, Del, and super middleweight “Mighty” Mike Tiberi, 19(7)-1, of Wilmington, Del. All are awaiting opponents to be named.
Now matched on the under card are super middleweight John “Church Boy” Bowman, 3-0, of Dover, Del., against Steve Tyner, 3(2)-5-2 of Akron, Ohio; light heavyweight “The Bull” Anthony “Caputo” Smith, 13(10)-0, of Kennett Square, Pa., against Kevin “Hitman” Engel, 18(15)-6, of St. Louis, Mo.; and light heavyweight Reuel Williams, 6(2)-1 of Wilmington, Del., against James Denson, 5(2)-9 of Akron, Ohio.
The first bout will begin at 7:30 p.m. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Will call will be open from 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. Visit doverdowns.com for updates. Event, times and card are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Tickets are $40 – $200 and may be purchased by calling VIP Services at 800-711-5882 or visiting doverdowns.com. For media credentials and interview or photo requests, please contact Lisa Rollins Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity