- ESPN: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alex Leapai on April 26 Bermane Stiverne vs. Chris Arreola May 10
- Floyd Mayweather Media Day Photos and Quotes
- Video: Floyd Mayweather: "Maidana is a hungry lion"
- Tyson Fury joins British Eurosport's studio for Klitschko/Leapai fight
- Maidana: "I don't care about titles, all I want to do is beat Mayweather"
- Mayweather Is Protecting The Throne
- Cuba lead Russia after first semi-final
- Erislandy Lara to Attend 25th Anniversary Billboard Latin Music Conference
- IMAM vs. UGAS Co-Main Added to May 10 USC Galen Center ESPN Event
- Full Undercard for Golden Boy Live! event in Puerto Rico announced
- Steve Smoger’s Referee Clinic on May 26
- Russia’s Bibert Tumenov amazing in Sofia
Jeffrey vs. Garbatt on August 31st
DOVER, Del. — Friday Night Fights on Aug. 31 in the Rollins Center® arena will feature a main event with female champion “Queen” Ronica Jeffrey for the World Boxing Council Silver Super Featherweight Title.
Former Golden Glove champion, undefeated Jeffrey, from Bronx, NY, has a record of 10 wins, 1 by knockout, and zero losses. Jeffrey currently holds the WBU and NABF female Championship titles in her weight class, both earned in the Rollins Center at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino. Her opponent will be “Lethal” Lindsay Garbatt of Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, with a record of 7 wins, 3 by knockout, and 5 losses.
Appearing as a co-feature on the card is undefeated light heavyweight Dennis “The Assassin” Hasson, of Philadelphia, Pa. Hasson’s record is impressive at 14 wins, 5 by knockout, and zero losses. His opponent will be Daniel Judah, 23(10)-9-3, of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Appearing in his professional debut is Jeffrey Dorsey, grandson of former undisputed heavyweight world champion Larry “The Easton Assassin” Holmes. “People will love him. He is a miniature Larry Holmes, with my jab and all,” said Holmes of his grandson, Dorsey. Larry Holmes is planning to be in the Rollins Center for the debut of Dorsey.
Along with Dorsey, the night’s under card includes super featherweight Omar “Super O” Douglas, 5(3)-0, of Wilmington, Del, and super middleweight “Mighty” Mike Tiberi, 19(7)-1, of Wilmington, Del. All are awaiting opponents to be named.
Now matched on the under card are super middleweight John “Church Boy” Bowman, 3-0, of Dover, Del., against Steve Tyner, 3(2)-5-2 of Akron, Ohio; light heavyweight “The Bull” Anthony “Caputo” Smith, 13(10)-0, of Kennett Square, Pa., against Kevin “Hitman” Engel, 18(15)-6, of St. Louis, Mo.; and light heavyweight Reuel Williams, 6(2)-1 of Wilmington, Del., against James Denson, 5(2)-9 of Akron, Ohio.
The first bout will begin at 7:30 p.m. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Will call will be open from 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. Visit doverdowns.com for updates. Event, times and card are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Tickets are $40 – $200 and may be purchased by calling VIP Services at 800-711-5882 or visiting doverdowns.com. For media credentials and interview or photo requests, please contact Lisa Rollins Butler at email@example.com.
- Bernard Hopkins Historic Return to DC
- Adams and Monroe Jr. win and earn spots in Boxcino Middleweight final
- Clayton Defends WBF World Title In Madani Rematch
- Shawn “Showtime” Porter steals the show in DC!
- Page dominates Spearman for UBF All-Americas Title
- Porter Stops Malignaggi; Quillin Beats Konecny
- Bernard Hopkins Outpoints Beibut Shumenov
- Adrien Broner – Washington D.C quotes
- Omar Figueroa Vs. Jerry Belmontes: Two Fighters With A History
- Carl Froch and George Groves will come face-to-face again on May 1 on Sky Sports
- Mayweather Is Protecting The Throne
- Alex Leapai-Wladimir Klitschko preview
- Maidana: “I don’t care about titles, all I want to do is beat Mayweather”
- Tyson Fury joins British Eurosport’s studio for Klitschko/Leapai fight