- Video - Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Alex Ariza Explains The Maidana Video
- Mayweather heads for 2014 bout with Pacquiao: belt or no belt?
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Discusses Future Opponents
- Broner/Maidana Fight: Formal Investigation Into Cheating Allegations
- Light Heavyweight Anatoliy Dudchenko Inks With Main Events
- Mendez not leaving Barthelemy Jan. 3 World title fight in judges’ hands
- Usmanee vs Rodriguez on Friday Night Fights, January 10 at Emerald Queen Casino
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Talks About Mayweather Promotions
- Lewis Rees looks to close the year with a sparkling performance
- Selby vs Munroe on Feb 1
- Would Floyd have beaten Maidana if he had moved up in weight so quickly?
- Martin Murray vs Miguel Cotto
- I Think Adrien Broner Will Be A FUTURE Legend
- Will A Japanese Boxer Ever Be WBC Heavyweight Champion?
- Brandon Rios call out Provodnikov, who wins?
- Viktor Postol..
- The Courage of Tommy Burns
- At the age of 24 who was more impressive against Maidana- Khan or Broner?
Jessie Vargas squares off against Aron Martinez on September 13th
Orange, CA (September 6) – After a show-stopping performance back in July, East Los Angeles’ Aron Martinez (18-1-1, 4 KOs) moves into yet another elite class when he faces undefeated Las Vegas welterweight prospect Jessie Vargas (19-0, 9 KOs). The pair will square off next Thursday, September 13 at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas just two days before World Boxing Council (WBC) Silver Welterweight Champion Josesito Lopez (30-4-1,18KOs) steps into the ring to take on Mexico’s Super Welterweight World Champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez.
The bonus ESPN Special Edition show will air on ESPN2.
Can Martinez upset yet another contender?
Last month Martinez used his pressure style to neutralize the long reach and skillful boxing approach of Prenice Brewer. After eight rounds Martinez prevailed in another ESPN nationally televised fight that took place in Laughlin, Nevada. Last year Martinez also handed Joseph Elegele his first pro loss after 12 wins. It seems that Martinez’s thrives on toppling favored fighters and undefeated up-and-comers.
Vargas, 23, will be the hometown favorite; on his last outing he prevailed against Josesito Lopez in a 10 round bout. It was considered a controversial win, as many of the boxing scribes in attendance gave a razor sharp advantage to Josesito. Vargas walked away with the victory by split decision.
Martinez, 30, loves to crowd his opponents and this should encourage Vargas to stand and fight. It’s rare that the Las Vegas prizefighter backs down to anyone. The relentless Martinez also never steps backward and never tires. That’s the East L.A. native primary weapon: incredible stamina.
“I’m excited to face Jessie Vargas and to show him who I am. I have the skills and power to change the momentum of his career. I believe that I will be the fighter that will tarnish his perfect record,” said Martinez from his training camp high up in the Big Bear Mountains. “My training has been hard and I need to have an impeccable fight to take it away from Vargas and we are planning to do so.”
- Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Abner Mares” Announced For Feb. 15, 2014 At Staples Center – Tickets On Sale Tomorrow At 10 a.m. PT
- Floyd Mayweather’s Trainer: Adrien Broner SUCKS … Don’t EVER Compare Him to Floyd!
- WBC News On Klitschko, Stiverne, Arreola
- Opponent Change For Frankie Gavin
- Vitali Klitschko may have vacated the WBC crown, but it could soon be back in the Klitschko family…
- Video – Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Odom and Barnwell Score Wins
- Maidana Shocked the Boxing World with an Upset Victory over Broner
- Broner gets beat up and knocked down by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana solves The Problem
- Maidana punishes Broner – a hype job exposed, or can Broner bounce back?
- Kubrat Pulev stops late sub Joey Abell to defend his IBF intercontinental title
- WBA Interim Welterweight title holder Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in nine