- Lara: After Canelo, I want Mayweather
- Iron Mike Productions: "Judgement Day" - Live Tonight on FoxSports1 (8ET/5PT)
- Mikey Garcia: Lara could out-box Canelo
- Let's give Jesús the Space He's Earned
- "I Don’t Owe Alvarez Anything Other Than Left Hands!” Blasts Lara
- Weights From Miami, Florida: Argenis Mendez, 129.8 vs. Rances Bathelemy 130
- All Access: Canelo vs. Lara – Episode 2 – Full Episode
- Boxeo TELEMUNDO Ford Summer Series Starts July 18
- Tony Luis to Face Wanzell Ellison on “ShoBox: The New Generation” 200th Episode on Friday, July 25
- Chris Martin vs. Efrain Esquivias Collide, Friday, July 25
- Undefeated prospects Rodriguez and Whitaker top fight card at Wolff Stadium in San Antonio, TX, on August 30th
- Bellew: When I fight Cleverly, I’ll retire him
Joel Diaz Jr. vs. Guillermo Sanchez on August 18th
ATLANTIC CITY (August 7, 2012)—On Saturday night August 18th, Pound For Pound Promotions presents a night of world class boxing that will take place at Ballys in Atlantic City.
In the ten round Main Event, undefeated Joel Diaz Jr. takes on Guillermo Sanchez in a Super Featherweight bout.
Diaz of Palmdale, California has a record of 10-0 with nine knockouts and has been impressive in his two year professional career.
The twenty year old already has signature wins over Guy Robb (7-0) via seventh round stoppage and in his last bout when scored a fifth round stoppage over former world title challenger Emanuel Lucero (26-10-1) on June 2nd in Tacoma, Washington.
Sanchez of Buffalo, New York has a record of 13-5-1 with six knockouts.
Sanchez won his first eleven bouts and he has victories over four undefeated fighters in Harvey Murray (2-0-2), Eddie Irizarry (5-0), Miguel Rodriguez (6-0) and Rod Salka (12-0).
The twenty-four year old has been matched extremely tough as evidenced by his fights with Dominic Salcido (17-2), Future world champion Adrien Broner (16-0), Mark Davis (15-0), former world title challenger Edner Cherry (28-7). In that bout he had Cherry on the canvas in the first round. In his last bout, Sanchez dropped an eight round unanimous decision to undefeated Ronny Rios (17-0) on April 7th.
A packed undercard is being put together that will feature some of the most popular and up and coming talent in the Tri-State Area.
In an eight round Jr. Middleweight bout, top prospect Glen “Jersey Boy” Tapia will take on an opponent to be named.
Tapia (14-0, 8 KO’s) of Passaic, New Jersey has been climbing up the ranks with steady performances. He has stopped his previous three opponents which includes first round stoppage over Carlos Garcia on July 7th.
In a six round Heavyweight bout Patrick Farrell (7-1-1, 3 KO’s) takes on Wayne Hampton (5-5, 3 KO’s) of Capitol Heights, Maryland
In a six round Middleweight bout, undefeated Thomas “Cornflake” LaManna (8-0, 5 KO’s) of Millville, NJ battles Yolexcy Leiva (5-3, 4 KO’s) of Nashville, TN
Fred Jenkins Jr. (5-1, 2 KO’s) of Philadelphia takes on Jimmy Ellis (1-1, 1 KO) of South Carolina in a four round Middleweight bout.
In a six round bout featuring undefeated Heavyweights, former World Amateur champion Joey Dawejko (7-0-1, 3 KO’s) of Philadelphia battles Dorsett Barnwell (6-0, 3 KO’s) of Norfolk, VA
Explosive Light Heavyweight Lavarn “Baby Bowe”Harvell (12-0, 7 KO’s) will see action against an opponent to be named.
Three very exciting fighters will be making their pro debuts.
Former three-time Irish National Champion Tyrone McKenna will take on Anthony Morris of Philadelphia in a Welterweight bout.
Three-time open class champion Tyrell Wright will fight Dennis Benson (1-2, 1 KO) of Norfolk, VA in a Heavyweight bout.
Wright was ranked as the number-five national Heavyweight before turning pro.
Three-time New Jersey champion Anthony Gangemi of Dover, New Jersey will fight in a Welterweight bout.
Tickets for this outstanding night of boxing are priced at $75 & $50 and can be purchased at Ballys, by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 736-1420 or online at ticketmaster.com or Pound for Pound Promotions by calling 201-867-2008 and Ask for Kathy
Ballys Park Place Hotel Casino is located 1900 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, NJ, 08401. Doors open at 7:00 p.m ET, first fight starts at 7:30 p.m
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Canelo-Lara Fight Week Coverage – Presser
- Mayweather vs. Maidana II Set For Sept. 13 Live on SHO PPV
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara: Winner enters elite ranks
- Bradley Up For A Miguel Cotto Fight
- Alvarez vs Lara Final Press Conference Quotes
- Let’s give Jesús the Space He’s Earned
- Mikey Garcia: Lara could out-box Canelo