- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Juan “The Beast” Rodriguez vs. Dontre King on August 31st
KEA Boxing along with Nedal’s Promotions and Mount Airy Casino Resort are ready to present a sizzling night of Professional Boxing under the tent in the beautiful Pocono Mountains showcasing some of the best fighters the region has to offer. The main event features the always exciting Juan “The Beast” Rodriguez (9-0, 4Ko’s) who is set to battle it out with upset minded nineteen fight veteran Dontre King. The co-feature of the evening is already being touted as a potential PA fight of the year candidate as lightweights Angel Ocasio (6-0-2, 1Ko) and heavy handed Tyrone Luckey (4-2-1, 4Ko’s) do battle over six rounds of what is sure to be non-stop action.
The time is now for undefeated Union City, New Jersey welterweight star Juan Rodriquez to make his mark in the crowded welterweight division and he knows that all begins on Friday night, outdoors and under the tent at the Mount Airy Casino and Resort in Mount Pocono PA.
“I really want to show the people that it is time to unleash the beast,” said Rodriquez. “I am a humble guy and a true family man outside the ring, but once I enter those ropes, the switch is flipped and out comes the beast!” Rodriquez was last seen scoring a devastating second round knockout of Daniel Crabtree at Resorts Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City on April 27th. It was the type of knockout that you see on highlight reels as Crabtree was out before he hit the canvas thanks to a devastating right hook from Rodriguez. “I am well rounded fighter who can box when it is time to box, or slug when it is time to brawl. I am ready for whatever my opponent brings on Friday night. ”
It won’t take long for this matchup to heat up as Dontre King knows Rodriquez well, having gone the distance with the Union City native two years ago in the fighting City of Philadelphia PA at the South Philly Arena. King has since tested some of the best the region has to offer including, Stevie Weimer (8-0, 2Ko’s), Naim Nelson (7-0, 1KO) and Jose Peralta Alejo (9-1, 5Ko’s) and will look to use the lessons learned to pull the upset and hand Juan Rodriguez the first loss of his career.
The Co-feature of the evening is already being touted in boxing circles as a potential PA fight of the year candidate. The fight looks sure to live up to its hype as Philly fan favorite Angel Ocasio (6-0-2, 1KO) squares off against the hard hitting Tyrone Luckey (4-2, 4Ko’s). Ocasio is coming off two consecutive draws with Camden New Jersey’s Jason Sosa. Each of those draws is a candidate for 2012 Philly fight of the year. Now Ocasio needs to get back on the winning track but it won’t be easy as he takes on Tyrone Luckey, who has all four of his victories by way of stoppage.
Derek “Take it to the bank” Webster (13-0, 7Ko’s) of Glassboro New Jersey is a talented southpaw middleweight who will be on the card in a special four round attraction. Webster has all the tools to become a world champion. He has the finesse to outbox most and deceptive power to blast a fighter out of the ring when needed. The power of Webster of was shown last January, when he stepped up to the light heavyweight division and captured the BAM light heavyweight title via a startling forty second knockout of twenty two fight veteran, Brian Bernard. In his last fight on April 27th at Resorts Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, Webster had to get off the canvas and show the heart of a champion by battling back after going to the canvas, to take a one sided unanimous decision over Sabou Ballogou (8-6, 3KO’s).
Heavy handed junior middleweight Robert “RJ” Sockwell (3-2, 3KO’s) of East Stroudsburg, PA is scheduled to entertain the local brethren in a four round contest against gritty four fight veteran Tyrell Boggs at of the fighting city of Philadelphia PA.
A special four round women’s four round contest will be held as the always exciting lightweight, Liz Sherman (3-2, 1KO) of Philadelphia, PA battles it out with fellow Pennsylvanian Christina Leadbeater (2-4).
If heavyweights are your cup of tea, then you won’t want to miss hard hitting Joe Cusumano (4-1, 4KO’s) of Virginia Beach, Virginia, as he takes on wily Canadian Taffo Asongwed (3-11-7,1KO) in a four round scrap. Cusumano’s has explosive power in both hands, as seen in all of his victories, where each of his victims couldn’t survive past the first round. Taffo Asongwed, on the other hand, is one tough individual who is willing to fight anybody on short notice and has never been stopped, so something has got to give in this battle of wills.
Rounding out the card, is highly touted Paterson, New Jersey native David “The Riot” Curiel (3-0, 1KO) looks to keep his undefeated record intact in a four round contest when he tangles with the much more experienced ten fight veteran, Roberto Irizarry of Orlando, Florida (2-8).
Tickets for this action packed card can be purchased at http://www.keaboxing.com and are priced at $65, $45 and $35.
Doors open 6:30PM
First Bout: 7:30PM
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Bernard Hopkins & Beibut Shumenov Washington D.C. Presser Quotes
- DANNY “SWIFT” GARCIA MAKES HIS GRAND ARRIVAL IN PUERTO RICO
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight