- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
- USA Boxing’s Elite Women to Face Northern Neighbors in the Battle of the Frontiers on August 21
- Gingras-McCreedy, young stars headline Sept. 12
K2 Promotions statement on death of Corrie Sanders
)K2 Promotions was very saddened to hear about the death of former heavyweight world champion Corrie Sanders over the weekend.
The 46-year-old Sanders was shot in an apparent robbery in Britz, near Pretoria, while celebrating the birthday of a family member.
“It was a shock to Vitali and Wladimir as well as myself when I heard the news” said Tom Loeffler, managing director of K2 Promotions. “Corrie was a world champion boxer and a true gentleman and a pleasure to work with outside the ring.”
The Klitschko brothers released a statement calling him a “great person”.
“We were shocked to learn of the sudden death of Corrie Sanders and we want to express our sincere condolences to his family,” read the statement.
“We will remember Corrie as a great person both inside and outside the ring. He was a great fighter with a big heart who always positively represented the sport of boxing.”
Sanders will always be linked to the Klitschko brothers, having fought both of them. He won the WBO World Title with a shocking win over Wladimir on MARCH 8, 2003 in Hannover, Germany, winning the WBO World Title.
In his following bout, Sanders traveled to Los Angeles, California on APRIL 24, 2004 and challenged older brother Vitali for the vacant WBC World Title. Fighting valiantly throughout the fight, Sanders was stopped in the eighth round when referee Jon Schorle deemed that he had taken too much punishment.
“The fight at Staples Center against Vitali was the first promotion of K2 and I have very fond memories of working with Corrie and his team. He fought like a true warrior that night” continued Loeffler.
“Corrie fought all over the world but his fights against both Vitali and Wladimir, and Fight of the Year candidate war against Hasim Rahman in Atlantic City in 2000 are probably what he’s best known for.”
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin
- Danny Garcia – Viktor Postol fight ordered by WBC