- Video - Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Floyd Mayweather's Trainer: Adrien Broner SUCKS ... Don't EVER Compare Him to Floyd!
- Alex Ariza Explains The Maidana Video
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Hitz Boxing to kick off 2014 season with two action packed fight cards
- Mayweather heads for 2014 bout with Pacquiao: belt or no belt?
- Bud Light Pro Fight 6 Weigh-in Results
- KHYTROV IMPRESSIVE IN PRO DEBUT-STOPS NAVA IN 1 TO HIGHLIGHT MEMORABLE NIGHT OF BOXING AT PACKED WEBSTER HALL
- Light Heavyweight Anatoliy Dudchenko Inks With Main Events
- Mendez not leaving Barthelemy Jan. 3 World title fight in judges’ hands
- Usmanee vs Rodriguez on Friday Night Fights, January 10 at Emerald Queen Casino
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Talks About Mayweather Promotions
- Would Floyd have beaten Maidana if he had moved up in weight so quickly?
- Martin Murray vs Miguel Cotto
- I Think Adrien Broner Will Be A FUTURE Legend
- Will A Japanese Boxer Ever Be WBC Heavyweight Champion?
- Brandon Rios call out Provodnikov, who wins?
- Viktor Postol..
- The Courage of Tommy Burns
- At the age of 24 who was more impressive against Maidana- Khan or Broner?
Katie Taylor will meet Natasha Jonas in the quarter-finals of the Olympic Games
World number one Katie Taylor will meet Natasha Jonas in the quarter-finals of the Olympic Games in London tomorrow (August 6th). Liverpool southpaw Jonas saw off the challenge of Seattle lightweight Queen Underwood (USA) at the ExCel this afternoon to set up a Great Britain versus Ireland last-eight duel on Monday afternoon.
The Merseysider was always in control of today’s four-rounder and secured a convincing 21-13 decision.
Monday’s clash (1.30pm) will be a repeat of the 2011 Strandja Memorial Tournament duel which Taylor won 6-3 in Bulgaria.
The winner will be guaranteed at least bronze.
Number one and two seeds Taylor and Sofya Ochigava (Russia) received byes into the quarter-finals.
Twelve boxers are competing in each of the three – flyweight, lightweight and middleweight – weight classes for women at London 2012.
Female boxing made its historic Olympic debut this afternoon in the flyweight class.
Meanwhile, John Joe Nevin will be in quarter-final action versus Mexican bantamweight Oscar Fierro-Valdez at approximately 8.45pm this evening.
If Nevin emerges from that encounter he will be guaranteed at least bronze and Irish sport will have won its first medal at the 2012 Olympiad.
2012 Olympic Games
July 28th – Last 32
56kg – Bantamweight – John Joe Nevin (Ireland) beat Dennis Villy Ceylan (Denmark) 21-6
75kg – Middleweight – Darren O’Neill (Ireland) beat Muideen Olalekan Akanji (Nigeria) 15-6
July 29th – Last 32
69kg – Welterweight – Adam Nolan (Ireland) beat Carlos Sanchez Estacio (Ecuador) 14-8
August 1st – Last 16
56kg – Bantamweight – John Joe Nevin (Ireland) beat Kanat Abutalipov (Kazakhstan) 15-10
August 2nd – Last 16
75kg – Middleweight – Darren O’Neill (Ireland) lost to Stefan Hartel (Germany) 12-19
August 3rd – Last 16
52kg – Flyweight – Michael Conlan (Ireland) beat Duke Akeuth Micah (Ghana) 19-8
69kg – Welterweight – Adam Nolan (Ireland) lost to Andrey Zamkovoy (Russia) 9-18
August 4th – Last 16
49kg – Light-flyweight – Paddy Barnes (Ireland) beat Thomas Essomba (Cameroon) 15-10
August 5th – Quarter- final (8.30pm session)
56kg – Bantamweight – John Joe Nevin (Ireland) v Oscar Fierro-Valdez (Mexico)
August 6th – Quarter-final (1.30pm session)
60kg – Lightweight – Katie Taylor (Ireland) v Natasha Jonas (Great Britain)
August 7th – Quarter-final (8.30pm session)
52kg – Flyweight – Michael Conlan (Ireland) v Nordine Ouballi (France)
August 8th – Quarter-final (8.30pm session)
49kg – Light-flyweight – Paddy Barnes (Ireland) v Singh Laishram (India)
Irish 2012 Olympic squad
49Kg (Light-flyweight) Paddy Barnes (Holy Family BC, Belfast)
52kg (Flyweight) Michael Conlan (St John Bosco BC, Belfast)
56kg (Bantamweight) John Joe Nevin (Cavan BC)
60kg (Lghtweight) Katie Taylor (Bray BC, Wicklow)
69kg (Welterweight) Adam Nolan (Bray BC, Wicklow)
75kg (Middleweight) Darren O’Neill (Paulstown BC, Kilkenny)
Team Manager: Des Donnelly
Coaches: Billy Walsh, Zuar Antia, Pete Taylor
Physio: Conor McCarthy
Strength & Conditioning: John Cleary
Performance Psychologist: Gerry Hussey
- Pacquiao Scores Another Court Victory
- Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Abner Mares” Announced For Feb. 15, 2014 At Staples Center – Tickets On Sale Tomorrow At 10 a.m. PT
- Floyd Mayweather’s Trainer: Adrien Broner SUCKS … Don’t EVER Compare Him to Floyd!
- WBC News On Klitschko, Stiverne, Arreola
- Opponent Change For Frankie Gavin
- Vitali Klitschko may have vacated the WBC crown, but it could soon be back in the Klitschko family…
- Video – Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Odom and Barnwell Score Wins
- Maidana Shocked the Boxing World with an Upset Victory over Broner
- Broner gets beat up and knocked down by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana solves The Problem
- Maidana punishes Broner – a hype job exposed, or can Broner bounce back?
- Kubrat Pulev stops late sub Joey Abell to defend his IBF intercontinental title
- WBA Interim Welterweight title holder Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in nine