- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Weights from “New Blood” in Corona, CA
- Howard Davis Jr. “Donovan, you don’t stand a chance against Dyah”
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMED FOR INAUGURAL BOX FAN EXPO TO TAKE PLACE SEPT. 13 IN LAS VEGAS
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
Kevin Mitchell selling t-shirts as he gets ready for Ricky Burns fight
WBO Inter-Continental Lightweight Champion Kevin Mitchell today launched his own clothing and fightwear brand, with a limited edition T-Shirt created especially for his upcoming World Title showdown with Ricky Burns, which takes place at the SECC in Glasgow next month.
The T-Shirt, which features an image of a celebrating Kevin on the front, goes on sale today at the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym shop, as well as the gym’s on-line shop at just £17.50.
Following a training session earlier today Kevin spoke briefly about the new clothing line.
“Yeah, I’ve got a new T-Shirt, now my fights are getting bigger I think it’s time I had my own brand.
I’m working with the TRAD TKO on selling the T-Shirts, they’ll be selling them through the gym shop and on-line, so we’ll start getting them out there this week.
I’ve been thinking about it for a long time and the timing’s right. I fight Ricky Burns for the World title next month and I’m sure my fans would like to be wearing one of the new shirts.”
Kevin then went on to say how fans could win one of his new T-Shirts, as well as a signed Burns versus Mitchell poster.
“It’s good to give away some freebies to help promote girl’s boxing, so I’ve signed a poster for my fight against Ricky and also giving away one of my new T-Shirts in a Facebook competition on the Women’s World Boxing Championships page – www.facebook.com/WomensWorldBoxingChampionships
I’m really getting behind girl’s boxing, I’ve become a big fan and am really looking forward to the World Boxing Federation Women’s World Championships next year.
I have to admit I wasn’t a big fan of girl’s boxing until I watched the Olympics. Saying that I have always supported Marianne (Marston) and Areti (Mastrodouka) as they are gym mates at the TRAD TKO.
But I’ve not seen Marianne or Areti fight yet, so watching Katie Taylor, Nicole Adams and the rest of the girls at the Olympics is what opened my eyes and gave me the insight, they proved just how good fighters girls are and now I’m a big fan.
Hopefully one of the girls will get the signed poster and T-Shirt – Happy days.”
The Kevin Mitchell ‘Limited Edition’ T-Shirt are available now at the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning Town or on-line at www.tkoboxinggym.com
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent