- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Khan: I WILL fight Floyd Mayweather Jr; his team is interested
By Michael Collins: Amir Khan (27-3, 19 KO’s) still has his mind set on facing Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26 KO’s) for a mega fight, and Khan thinks Mayweather will stick around the sport long enough for him to make that fight happen.
Khan is saying that Mayweather’s team are still interested in putting together a Khan-Mayweather fight despite Khan having lost two out of his last three fights, and needing to be matched up against a lightweight in Carlos Molina just to end the losing streak. Khan still thinks he’ll get his career defining fight with Mayweather.
Khan said to the theboltonnews.co.uk “I think Mayweather still wants to fight for a couple more years yet. It’s a fight I want and I know for a fact his team also wants the fight. Before I finish my career, I will definitely have a Mayweather fight.”
Well, if Khan is going to get a Mayweather fight then he better stop fighting little guys like Carlos Molina and start facing actual light welterweights or better yet welterweights with talent to that boxing fans and Mayweather can take Khan seriously. Khan is doing a lot of talking but he’s doing it off the back of a win over a 5’6” underpowered lightweight in Molina that Khan’s promoters put him in with so that Khan would finally stop losing.
I could understand Khan crowing about a win if he had fought someone that was a good fighter in the top 10 in the light welterweight division, but Golden Boy just put Khan with a non-top 15 ranked lightweight. Khan should be lying low right now and keeping his mouth shut until he proves he can beat a good light welterweight.
Khan is going to have to do big thing before he can fight Mayweather. Khan will have to beat a good light welterweight when he fights in April. I’m not talking about Paulie Malignaggi, who sadly is being mentioned as a possible opponent for Khan. He needs to fight someone good like Lucas Matthysse, and then try and avenge his loss to Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson.
If Khan can beat Matthysse, Garcia and Peterson without controversy, then I can see a fight between him and Mayweather possibly happening. But Khan isn’t going to fight Matthysse, that’s a given.
The only good fighter that Khan may fight is Garcia, because he kind of has to take that fight in order to try and avenge his defeat. But Matthysee isn’t someone I see Khan ever fighting. It’s going to be a beatable opponent in April for Khan followed by Garcia, who I predict will knock Khan out.
We could see Khan revert back to his shoving, pulling down on the head, running, holding & hitting, and clinching style that he used in his fights with Marcos Maidana and Peterson when and if the Garcia fight takes place. It could be really ugly, especially if a hands off referee works the fight and lets Khan get away with those various tools that he sometimes uses.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity