- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
LaManna vs. Leiva on Saturday
ATLANTIC CITY (August 16, 2012)–Thomas “Cornflake” LaManna of Millville NJ will step back into the ring this Saturday at Bally’s Atlantic City when he squares off against battle tested Cuban Yolexcy Leiva, (5-3, 3 KO’s) in a six round Jr. Middleweight bout.
The show is promoted by John Lynch’s Pound For Pound Promotions.
LaManna, 20, was originally scheduled to fight on the July 27th but due to a death in the family, as well as numerous opponents pulling out, LaManna was left without an opponent.
“It sucks when you trained so hard for all those weeks and the sacrifices you have to make, only to end up not fighting. It’s a part of the business” LaManna said with a grin on his face. Just days before the 27th, LaManna lost his Uncle, who he was very close with. “Losing my Uncle Al took a huge toll on me and my family, but I have to stay strong and grind it out”.
LaManna has no doubt in his mind that this fight with Leiva will be his toughest to date. Leiva, 33, of Nashville, TN now residing in Brooklyn NY is coming off of a first round TKO defeat to Undefeated prospect Frank Galarza (7-0)That fight took place on June 8th in Woodhaven, NY. In his fight before that, Leiva upset than undefeated local favorite Benny Costantino, 7-0.
LaManna is coming off a six round Unanimous Decision over tough Sean Rawley Wilson on April 27th at Resorts in Atlantic City NJ.
“I want to thank John Lynch and his company of Pound for Pound Promotions for putting me on this very special card. I promise I won’t let my fans, my family, my uncle, but most importantly myself down”.
In the Main Event, Joel Diaz Jr. 10-0 (9 KO’s) takes on Guillermo Sanchez 13-5-1(5 KO’s) in ten round Jr. Lightweight bout
In the eight round co-feature, undefeated Jr. Middleweight Glen Tapia (14-0, 8 KO’s) takes on Hilario Lopez (12-11, 8 KO’s)
Highlighting the undercard, will be Patrick Farrell as well as a six round battle of undefeated Heavyweight featuring Joey Dawejko (7-0-1, 3 KO’s) taking on Dorsett Barnwell (6-0, 3 KO’s).
Also seeing action will be undefeated Light Heavyweight sensation Lavarn “Baby Bowe” Harvell (12-0, 7 KO’s) as well as Jr. Lightweight t Tioka Kahn Klary (1-0, 1 KO)
There will be three special pro debuter’s featuring Former Irish National champion Tyrone McKenna taking on Jayson Sia in a Jr. Welterweight bout; Heavyweight Tyrell Wright taking on Dennis Benson as well as Anthony Gangemi taking on Jimmy Ellis in a Welterweight bout
Tickets for this outstanding night of boxing are priced at $75 & $50 and can be purchased at Ballys, by calling 609-319-4400.
Ballys Park Place Hotel Casino is located 1900 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, NJ, 08401. Doors open at 7:00 P.M ET, first fight starts at 7:30.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things