Lewkowicz Congratulates Chris John for 17th Successful Title Defense
Sampson Lewkowicz, advisosr of WBA featherweight “super” champion Chris “The Dragon” John (48-0-2, 22 KOs) sends his warmest congratulations to his fighter for making his 17th successful title defense on Friday night in Singapore.
Fighting on Mahkota Promotions’ card at the Marina Bay Sands and live on Australia FOX, John outclassed previously undefeated Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo (44-1, 27 KOs) by unanimous (117-111, 119-109 and 119-109) decision.
33-year-old John won the WBA featherweight title in 2006 against Oscar Leon. This was his sixth defense of his “Super” title. In his illustrious career, John has beaten fellow future hall of famer Juan Manuel Marquez and notable top contender Rocky Juarez.
John dominated most of the action. Piriyapinyo had some good moments in rounds seven and eight, but John took back over after that.
“Chris John is a force of nature. A fighter for the history books,” said Lewkowicz. “He is 33 and still dominating fighters who come in at 44-0. I am honored to be working with him and I send him my warmest regards for his outstanding performance.”
- WEIGHTS FROM TWIN RIVER
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah final press conference quotes
- Gunn and Johnson confirm “Celtic Warrior vs Road Warrior”!
- When enough is not enough
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights