- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
- AFN To Carry Tomorrow Night’s ShoBox Tripleheader With Sammy Vasquez
- Peltz Signs Thomas LaManna
News: Maccarinelli vs. McKenzie & Smith vs. Tolan on Friday, 11/9; WSB
This afternoon at the Derry Mathews Fitness Centre, Ellesmere Port’s Paul Butler and Liverpool’s John Donnelly weighed in ahead of their derby clash tomorrow night at the Olympia where the vacant British Super Flyweight Championship will be at stake. Butler tipped the scales at 8st 2lbs whilst Donnelly weighed in at 8st 2 1/2lbs.
Also weighing in were former World Boxing Organization (WBO) World Cruiserweight champion Enzo Maccarinelli and Ovill McKenzie ahead of the clash for McKenzie’s Light Heavyweight Commonwealth Championship, which will act as chief support for tomorrow evening’s Queensberry promoted bill. The new slim line Maccarinelli weighed in at 12st 5lbs whilst muscle bound Derby man McKenzie weighed in at 12st 6lbs.
One 1/4 of Britain’s most famous boxing brothers Liam Smith weighed in at 10st 13lbs ahead of his British Light Middleweight title Eliminator with Gary McMillan, with McMillan weighing in at the same weight.
Meanwhile former Liam Smith’s former British Super Middleweight Champion brother Paul came in at at 12st 7lbs whilst the opponent for his comeback clash Tommy Tolan weighed in at 12st 3lbs.
All fights will be live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Join at www.boxnation.com
WSB broadens its worldwide appeal with new Franchise in Africa
Lausanne, Switzerland, 08 November 2012 – World Series of Boxing (WSB) is delighted to announce its presence on yet another continent with the Algeria Desert Hawks set to bring the excitement of the world’s premiere team boxing to Africa.
Algeria Desert Hawks
With representation across the globe in the Americas (Argentina, Mexico and the USA), Europe (Azerbaijan, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Poland, Russia and Ukraine) and Asia (Kazakhstan), WSB will now be exploring new horizons in Season III with the competition debuting in Africa, a land whose heart beats for the sport of boxing.
Fully supported by the Algerian Boxing Federation (FAB) and represented by some of the country’s top talent, the Algeria Desert Hawks will compete in Group A alongside Russia, Azerbaijan Baku Fires, Argentina Condors, Hussars Poland and Mexico Guerreros. The draw has handed them a tricky opener, away to Russia on Sunday 18 November to face last season’s finalists.
“After Argentina, Ukraine, Poland and Great Britain, I am extremely pleased to welcome another new Franchise to World Series of Boxing Season III, especially one from a continent that has not yet tasted WSB”, stated Dr Ching-Kuo Wu, Chairman of the WSB Board. “We all know how passionate Africa is for sport and especially for boxing. I cannot wait to witness the very best African boxers taking to the ring to make their continent proud.”
“We are excited at joining World Series of Boxing”, expressed Dr Abdellah Bessalem, President of the Algerian Boxing Federation. “We have been discussing this opportunity for a few months as we wanted to propose alternative career paths to our best boxers. Having this Algerian Boxing Team (Desert Hawks) competing in WSB is only the very first step of the involvement of the African continent in AIBA’s initiatives since we are convinced that WSB and the AIBA Professional Boxing (APB) are the future of the sport of boxing.”
IABA UPDATE (2012 IABA ANNUAL AWARDS NIGHT)
Irish Amateur Boxing Association
The Irish Amateur Boxing Association will host their Annual Awards Night at the Green Isle Hotel in Dublin tomorrow evening (Friday, November 9th).
Ireland’s boxers claimed four medals at the 2012 Olympics in London this year and also secured numerous medals at World, European and Multi-Nation level.
“It has been another outstanding year and we look forward to celebrating the achievements of our boxers and the people that have contributed so much to our sport both inside and outside the ring at our Annual Awards on Friday night,” said IABA President Tommy Murphy.
“Our boxers have won medals at every tournament they have entered this year and have once again represented their country and clubs with pride and distinction in international and domestic competition.”
A limited number of tickets are still available. Tickets must be pre-booked today (November 8th).
Please contact Sally Ann Kinch (IABA) on (01) 453 3371.
Annual Awards Night details are as follows:
Green Isle Hotel, Naas Road, Dublin 12
Friday 9th November
Dinner at 8.30pm sharp
Black Tie event
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money