- Video - Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Floyd Mayweather's Trainer: Adrien Broner SUCKS ... Don't EVER Compare Him to Floyd!
- Alex Ariza Explains The Maidana Video
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Hitz Boxing to kick off 2014 season with two action packed fight cards
- Mayweather heads for 2014 bout with Pacquiao: belt or no belt?
- Zahir Raheem to be showcased on ESPN2’s Friday Night Fights – Jan 10
- Bud Light Pro Fight 6 Weigh-in Results
- KHYTROV IMPRESSIVE IN PRO DEBUT-STOPS NAVA IN 1 TO HIGHLIGHT MEMORABLE NIGHT OF BOXING AT PACKED WEBSTER HALL
- Light Heavyweight Anatoliy Dudchenko Inks With Main Events
- Mendez not leaving Barthelemy Jan. 3 World title fight in judges’ hands
- Usmanee vs Rodriguez on Friday Night Fights, January 10 at Emerald Queen Casino
- Would Floyd have beaten Maidana if he had moved up in weight so quickly?
- Martin Murray vs Miguel Cotto
- I Think Adrien Broner Will Be A FUTURE Legend
- Will A Japanese Boxer Ever Be WBC Heavyweight Champion?
- Brandon Rios call out Provodnikov, who wins?
- Viktor Postol..
- The Courage of Tommy Burns
- At the age of 24 who was more impressive against Maidana- Khan or Broner?
Macklin wants Chavez Jr-Martinez winner
LONDON (14 Sept) – Matthew Macklin believes a dazzling performance in his Las Vegas debut will help set up another chance at world title glory, as he fights live this Saturday on Primetime (Channel 498 on Sky and Virgin on Demand).
The Irish middleweight star has fallen just short of claiming a world title on two occasions when he lost a contentious split decision against Felix Sturm last year, and was stopped in the 11th round against skilled Argentine Sergio Martinez back in March.
He now fights on the undercard of Martinez’s eagerly anticipated clash with World Boxing Council (WBC) middleweight world champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. And should he come through his test with Canadian Joachim Alcine this weekend, at the sold out Thomas & Mack Center, he has his eyes firmly fixed on facing the winner of the main event.
“My fight with Martinez was an entertaining one, it was a good fight and was very close. With a good performance here I think it will land me another world title shot. I think that’s probably a lot of the reason they’ve got me on this card – they’re laying down the next opponent,” said Macklin.
“I was ahead when I fought against Martinez – I was three up on one card going into the 11th and only a round down on the other two but he put me down twice, he didn’t stop me, my trainer stopped the fight,” he said.
“If Chavez was to win it I think stylistically, that would suit me more. But either way I’d like to have a crack at the winner,” Macklin said.
The man known as ‘The Tipperary Tornado’, goes into the fight with a record of 28 wins from 32 fights and is adamant, however, that he cannot overlook former champion Alcine.
“It’s not a case of he’s 35, he’s been world champion and he’s here to make the numbers up, he has his own ambitions. He produces a win against me then he’s going to get a world title shot so he’s got as much to play for as I have,” he said
“It’s very much a case of staying focused and not looking past Alcine, putting in a good performance and getting a good win. The risks are high in this fight but the rewards are high also,” said Macklin.
Though this will be the 30-year-old’s first time fighting under the Las Vegas lights he believes his past experiences around big championship bouts will help him.
“I’m really looking forward to fighting in Las Vegas – I’ve been to many fights there. I was in Ricky Hatton’s entourage in camp when he fought there numerous times in 2007, like the Jose Luis Castillo fight at the Thomas & Mack Center. So I’ve been around the big fight scene and I know what to expect from a buzz point of view,” he said.
“It’s nice that I’m finally getting there myself and on such a big card, and a big card for the middleweight division, “ he added.
Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez and Macklin vs. Alcine is live on Primetime (Channel 498 on Sky and Virgin On Demand) this Sunday from 2am for £14.95. To order call 0871 200 4444 or visit www.primetimelive.co.uk.
- Pacquiao Scores Another Court Victory
- Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Abner Mares” Announced For Feb. 15, 2014 At Staples Center – Tickets On Sale Tomorrow At 10 a.m. PT
- Floyd Mayweather’s Trainer: Adrien Broner SUCKS … Don’t EVER Compare Him to Floyd!
- WBC News On Klitschko, Stiverne, Arreola
- Opponent Change For Frankie Gavin
- Vitali Klitschko may have vacated the WBC crown, but it could soon be back in the Klitschko family…
- Video – Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Odom and Barnwell Score Wins
- Maidana Shocked the Boxing World with an Upset Victory over Broner
- Broner gets beat up and knocked down by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana solves The Problem
- Maidana punishes Broner – a hype job exposed, or can Broner bounce back?
- Kubrat Pulev stops late sub Joey Abell to defend his IBF intercontinental title
- WBA Interim Welterweight title holder Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in nine