- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Malignaggi vs. Cano: Paulie looking to beat Cano impressively on October 20th
Photo: Tom Casino/Showtime) BROOKLYN, N.Y. (Oct. 9, 2012) – Two of Brooklyn’s finest, boxers Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi and Danny “The Golden Child” Jacobs, participated in a media workout on Tuesday at the legendary Gleason’s Gym as they continue to prepare for their important and historic fights on Saturday, Oct. 20 at the first-ever boxing event at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
In one of four world championship fights televised live on SHOWTIME®, the popular Malignaggi (31-4, 7 KO’s) will defend his World Boxing Association (WBA) welterweight world championship against Pablo Cesar Cano (26-1-1, 20 KO’s) of Tianepantia, Mexico while former world title challenger Jacobs (22-1, 19 KO’s) meets Josh Luteran (13-1, 9 KO’s) of Blue Springs, Mo., in a middleweight match on SHOWTIME EXTREME.
Tickets priced at $300, $200, $100 and $50 are available at www.barclayscenter.com, www.ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster locations or by calling 800-745-3000.
Here’s what Malignaggi and Jacobs had to say on Tuesday:
“The whole motivation was not just to defend a world title but to put on a show for Brooklyn.
“I’m here is to win and look spectacular and really make a statement.
“I expect Brooklyn to be in the house, that’s for sure.”
“To have gone through what I’ve gone through in the past year and a half (his battle with cancer and paralysis caused by a large tumor on his spine), to have this opportunity and attention, to have people say I appreciate you, it’s an amazing feeling.
“To have this amazing Barclays’ card on October 20, it’s going to be historical.
“The doctors told me I would never be able to box again. It was the crazy part of me that wanted to do what the doctors told me I couldn’t do.”
World championship boxing returns to Brooklyn with an inaugural night of fights at the new Barclays Center on October 20 headlined by Unified Super Lightweight World Champion Danny “Swift” Garcia against future Hall of Famer Erik “El Terrible” Morales presented by Golden Boy Promotions and supported by Golden Boy Promotions sponsors Corona, DeWalt Tools and AT&T. In the co-featured attractions, Brooklyn’s own Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi puts his WBA Welterweight World Championship on the line against hard-hitting Pablo Cesar “El Demoledor” Cano, number one rated WBO middleweight contender Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin of Manhattan takes on unbeaten Hassan N’Dam for N’Dam’s WBO Middleweight World Championship and Devon Alexander “The Great” faces Randall Bailey for Bailey’s IBF Welterweight World Championship in a bout presented in association with DiBella Entertainment. The SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast begins live at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast). Preliminary fights will air live on SHOWTIME EXTREME® beginning at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada