- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Malignaggi vs. Cano: Paulie looking to beat Cano impressively on October 20th
Photo: Tom Casino/Showtime) BROOKLYN, N.Y. (Oct. 9, 2012) – Two of Brooklyn’s finest, boxers Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi and Danny “The Golden Child” Jacobs, participated in a media workout on Tuesday at the legendary Gleason’s Gym as they continue to prepare for their important and historic fights on Saturday, Oct. 20 at the first-ever boxing event at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
In one of four world championship fights televised live on SHOWTIME®, the popular Malignaggi (31-4, 7 KO’s) will defend his World Boxing Association (WBA) welterweight world championship against Pablo Cesar Cano (26-1-1, 20 KO’s) of Tianepantia, Mexico while former world title challenger Jacobs (22-1, 19 KO’s) meets Josh Luteran (13-1, 9 KO’s) of Blue Springs, Mo., in a middleweight match on SHOWTIME EXTREME.
Tickets priced at $300, $200, $100 and $50 are available at www.barclayscenter.com, www.ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster locations or by calling 800-745-3000.
Here’s what Malignaggi and Jacobs had to say on Tuesday:
“The whole motivation was not just to defend a world title but to put on a show for Brooklyn.
“I’m here is to win and look spectacular and really make a statement.
“I expect Brooklyn to be in the house, that’s for sure.”
“To have gone through what I’ve gone through in the past year and a half (his battle with cancer and paralysis caused by a large tumor on his spine), to have this opportunity and attention, to have people say I appreciate you, it’s an amazing feeling.
“To have this amazing Barclays’ card on October 20, it’s going to be historical.
“The doctors told me I would never be able to box again. It was the crazy part of me that wanted to do what the doctors told me I couldn’t do.”
World championship boxing returns to Brooklyn with an inaugural night of fights at the new Barclays Center on October 20 headlined by Unified Super Lightweight World Champion Danny “Swift” Garcia against future Hall of Famer Erik “El Terrible” Morales presented by Golden Boy Promotions and supported by Golden Boy Promotions sponsors Corona, DeWalt Tools and AT&T. In the co-featured attractions, Brooklyn’s own Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi puts his WBA Welterweight World Championship on the line against hard-hitting Pablo Cesar “El Demoledor” Cano, number one rated WBO middleweight contender Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin of Manhattan takes on unbeaten Hassan N’Dam for N’Dam’s WBO Middleweight World Championship and Devon Alexander “The Great” faces Randall Bailey for Bailey’s IBF Welterweight World Championship in a bout presented in association with DiBella Entertainment. The SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast begins live at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast). Preliminary fights will air live on SHOWTIME EXTREME® beginning at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader