- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
Manny Pacquiao: “I Am Fine”; Pac knocked out by Marquez, what next?
by Sam Kirton: Manny Pacquiao, 10 time world champion, was knocked out last night by a devastating right hand delivered by Marquez in the sixth round of their fourth fight. Pacquiao said he would be happy to have a 5th fight with Marquez. This may worsen the chances of Pacquiao fighting Mayweather considering that Mayweather easily beat Marquez and Marquez had just knocked out Pacquiao. I think that going into a 5th fight together Marquez should get the higher pay than Pacquiao even though the money doesn’t mean much to them anymore.
Manny Pacquiao: “I Am Fine”
LAS VEGAS, NEV. (December 9, 2012) – Following his knockout loss to Juan Manuel Márquez, Fighter of the Decade MANNY ”Pacman” PACQUIAO made a precautionary visit to University Medical Center.,“Manny was given a CT scan and the results were negative,” said Michael Koncz, Pacquiao’s advisor. “We were in an out in just over an hour and Manny was in excellent spirits.”
Pacquiao returned to his penthouse suite in THEhotel for a family dinner followed by a viewing of his fourth fight against Marquez. As the DVD played, Pacquiao announced “Spoiler alert. I don’t think you are going to like how this ends!”
Pacquiao then issued the following statement to his fans:
“First and foremost I would like to thank God for keeping Juan Manuel Márquez and me safe during our fight on Saturday night,” said Pacquiao. “I want to congratulate Juan Manuel. I have no excuses. It was a good fight and he deserved the victory. I think boxing fans who watched us were winners too.
“To all my fans, I would like to thank you for your prayers and assure you that I am fine. I am looking forward to a nice rest and then I will be back to fight.
“On behalf of Jinkee and our family we would like to wish everyone a joyous Christmas and a happy and healthy new year.”
In a consensus Fight of the Year, Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38 KOs), of the Philippines, ahead on all three scorecards 47-46, was knocked out by Márquez (55-6-1, 40 KOs), of México, via a spectacular right hand, with one second remaining in round No. 6. It took place at the soldout MGM Grand Garden Arena, in front of 16,348 fans. Their four-fight rivalry now stands at 2-1-1 in favor of Pacquiao.
Pacquiao-Márquez 4 was promoted by Top Rank®, in association with MP Promotions, Zanfer Promotions, Márquez Boxing, Tecate, Wonderful Pistachios, Cinemax ‘Banshee,’ Smart Communications, Universal Pictures ‘Django Unchained’ and MGM Grand Hotel & Casino.
The Pacquiao vs. Márquez 4 telecast was produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View® and available to more than 92 million pay-per-view homes. HBO Pay-Per-View, a division of Home Box Office, Inc., is the leading supplier of event programming to the pay-per-view industry. Follow HBO Boxing news at www.hbo.com and at www.facebook.com/hboboxing. Use the hashtag #PacMarquez to join the conversation on Twitter. For Pacquiao vs. Márquez updates, log on to www.toprank.com or www.hbo.com.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes