- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Marco Antonio Rubio Ready For Rosales (And Beristain)
World Boxing Federation World Super Middleweight Champion Marco Antonio Rubio, 55-6-1 (48), will defend his title on December 22 at the Auditorio del Bicentenario in Morelia, Mexico against fellow countryman Michel Rosales, 32-5 (26). “El Veneno” Rubio won the title by stopping Argentinean Carlos Manuel Baldomir in September, and the clash with Rosales will be his first defense. At the same time, the fight will be the first shot at a world championship for Rosales, and the 29-year-old from San Luis Potosi has a special weapon in his corner; master strategist Nacho Beristain.
Beristain, the man who also trains Manny Pacquiao-conqueror Juan Manual Marquez, is confident that he will get his 26th World Champion in Rosales:
“I have studied videos of Rubio, and I think Michel can win. Rubio has a world of experiences and impressive punching-power, but I believe we can fight a smart fight and bring the belt home. We have seen his weaknesses”, says the 73-year-old Hall Of Fame trainer.
Not new to the game, the defending World Champion is well aware of the advantage it can be for a boxer to have Beristain in his corner, but he believes he has turned the advantage of his opponent into his own advantage, saying:
“We know the powers of Nacho, what he can do, and I think it gave everyone in my team extra motivation for this fight. I am going to be not only 100 percent ready, I will take it to 150 percent!”
While Rubio is clearly the more experienced of the two, both boxers have significant power and more than likely this one will not go the full distance. Question remains, will Rubio be too much for Rosales, or will the power of Rosales combined with the strategy of Beristain be enough for the challenger, much like it was more than enough for Marquez against Pacquiao?
The Marco Antonio Rubio vs. Michel Rosales WBF World Super Middleweight title fight, dubbed “Viva Morelia”, will be promoted by Promociones Del Pueblo in cooperation with HG Boxing. It will be televised live in Mexico and the USA by Televisa.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity