- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Weights: Canelo 155, Angulo 154.5
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- FULL UNDERCARD ANNOUNCED FOR "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO"
- Cuba vs. USA in WSB quarter-finals
- Veteran Konecny vows: Against Quillin, I’ll make my American miracle come true!
- Four American Boxers Advance to the Final Round at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
- Brandon Cook vs Phil Rose on May 3rd
- Mundine in beast mode for Clottey
- Team USA Opens the 2014 Youth Continental Championships With Three Victories in Ecuador
Abraham/Bouadla Undercard: Masternak Gets EBU Title shot
On December 15 Mateusz Masternak (28-0, 21 KOs) faces his toughest challenge inside the ring to date. Right before Arthur Abraham´s first WBO Super Middleweight Title defense against Mehdi Bouadla, Masternak takes on Juho Haapoja from Finland. The two cruiserweights will fight it out for the vacant European crown.
The Pole heads into the title bout with some extra motivation. During the summer, his wife gave birth to a baby boy. “My life has changed quite drastically. Now I want to be even more successful,” said the prodigy of Coach Andrzej Gmitruk.
However, Masternak knows that his Finnish opponent has a lot of experience. “There are no easy fights at this level. Haapoja already won the EU Championship and successfully defended it on two occasions. He is also physically very strong and constantly on the front foot.” But over the last year, the Pole has been growing in experience himself. The fight in Nuremberg will be his fifth in 2012. “It is great that I have been fighting so much over the last twelve months. It gave me the chance to develop as a boxer. I am very happy with my situation within Team Sauerland and that I have gotten this far.”
However, Juho Haapoja believes that he is in great shape ahead of the title clash. “My preparation is going on very well. My last fight took place in September and I have been back in training ever since. I am currently in London for sparring sessions in order to be at my best come December 15,” said the Finn. The 32-year-old fighter is convinced, that he will be ready when he finally meets Masternak inside the ring. “There is no question about his boxing abilities. But I have a few tricks up my sleeve which will cause him some troubles.” Haapoja, who started off in boxing as a heavyweight, says that the spectators at the arena will have a lot of entertainment during the bout. “I always put a lot of pressure on my opponents. That won’t change during the next fight. From what I have seen, Masternak faces his
opponents full on. Our two styles will create a real battle inside the ring.”
Unsurprisingly, both fighters have a very different view on the outcome of the fight. “Unfortunately I do not have a magic 8 ball. But I can guarantee that I am not travelling all the way to Germany to lose,” said a confident Haapoja. Masternak has a similar view. “I don’t think about how a fight could end – all that matters is a victory. I will be the new Cruiserweight champion of Europe.”
Tickets for the big fight night in Nuremberg are available at
www.eventim.com and www.boxen.com.
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- “Toe to Toe: Canelo vs. Angulo” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner”
- TODAY! Pacquiao Arrives in Los Angeles
- Mike Reed’s Stock Rises in Decision Win over Mahasin
- 14,700 tickets sold for Mayweather-Maidana fight today, says Schaefer
- “Toe to Toe”: Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez – Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction