- Tony Weeks Was Story - Angulo Should Be
- Erislandy The American Dream Lara elevated to WBA World Champion
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Garcia out to keep winning streak as Herrera declares ‘he’s fought better guys for peanuts’ ahead of weekend clash live on Boxnation
- Chris Arreola vs. Bermane Stiverne II to be televised by ESPN on May 10th
- Garcia, Herrera, Deontay Wilder and Scott quotes
- Record Breaking Participation in Upcoming AIBA Youth World Championships Sofia 2014
- IBF Light Heavyweight Eliminator Moved to June 21st
- WSB: Worlds Collide in the WSB quarter-finals
- Complete Show Boxeo TELEMUNDO March 14, 2014 at Kissimmee Civic Center Kissimmee, Florida
- Tommy Langford Interview
- Khattab vs. Jenkinson confirmed for the Nordic Fight Night in Esbjerg
Matthysse stops Ajose in 10th!
(Photo credit: Tom Casino/Showtime) By Marcus Richardson: Argentinian Lucas Matthysse (32-2, 30 KO’s) finally ran into some good luck tonight in defeated #1 WBC 140 lb contender Olusegun Ajose (30-1, 14 KO’s) by a 10 round TKO on Saturday night to claim the WBC interim light welterweight title at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, The Joint, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Matthysse, 29, battered Ajose from the 3rd round, hurting him constantly with punishing body shots and combinations to the head. In the 10th round, Matthysse put Ajose down. The fight was then stopped at 2:59 of the round.
Ajose looked rubber legged through much of the 2nd half of the fight as he kept taking ferocious head and body shots from Matthysse. Somehow, Ajose was able to take the shots without going down, but it wasn’t him any good. His own shots had no affect on Matthysse, who just walked through the punches like they weren’t there and continued to deliver his own punishing shots.
At the end of the 9th, a grinning Matthysse seemed to hurt Ajose when he had him against the ropes. It was pretty clear at that point that Ajose wasn’t going to be able to survive the next round, and sure enough that’s what happened. Matthysse punished him until getting a knockdown. The fight was then halted.
This win puts Matthysse in position to where he’ll be fighting the winner of the October 20th fight between WBA/WBC light welterweight champion Danny Garcia and Erik Morales.
In other action on the card:
Daquan Arnett TKO 4 Jesus Tavera
Ishe Smith UD 10 Irving Garcia
99-90, 100-89 & 100-89
Melinda Cooper MD 6 Celine Salazar
J’Leon Love DQ 8 Ramon Valenzuela
- Canelo Alvarez Impresses In Controversial TKO Victory Over Alfredo Angulo, Saturday on SHOWTIME PPV
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- LiveStream: Garcia vs. Herrera Weigh-In LIVE on Friday
- Deontay Wilder Out To Prove He Is The Real Deal
- STRENGTH & CONDITIONING CHANGES IN PACQUIAO CAMP
- Weights: Brook-Robles, Bellew-Brudov, & Mitchell-Avakyan
- Price-Pala rescheduled for April 12th in Denmark, Lee also in action
- Juan Manuel Marquez faces Mike Alvarado on May 17th at Inglewood forum
- Adamek – Glazkov / Chilemba – Grachev Final Presser