- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Miguel Cotto Close To Deciding Who He’ll Face On Dec. 1st – “Canelo” One Possibility
By James Slater – Puerto Rican hero Miguel Cotto, bigger than ever despite (maybe even due to) his competitive, hugely successful fight with the recently released from jail Floyd Mayweather Junior, is set to return to action on Dec. 1st. The likely venue for Cotto’s return is Madison Square Garden in New York, reports Fightnews.com, and the 154-pounder has only to choose his opponent.
According to Cotto, who spoke to Fightnews, he is “meeting with several companies to explore the options for the next event.”
It’s no secret that unbeaten WBC 154-pound champ Saul “Canelo” Alvarez wants the big fights, and the Mexican has spoken of his desire to face Cotto. Should Alvarez do the business against Josesito Lopez on Sept. 15th, and not fall to the “upset king” who is coming off that big surprise win over Victor Ortiz, we could be in store for another addition to the fierce Mexico Vs. Puerto Rico rivalry. The place would absolutely rock if Cotto and Canelo got it on, that’s for sure.
But Cotto, up there with Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao when it comes to bringing in the fans, both live and on pay-per-view, has plenty of other options – it’s just that the Canelo fight looks by far the most attractive.
Could the old warrior who has already featured in so many big fights teach the young lion a few lessons and even beat him if they meet? Or will Canelo, dubbed by many the next boxing superstar, pave the way to a shot at the sublime Mayweather with a dominant win over Cotto?
Cotto certainly has a lot of miles on the clock, but, as we saw on May 5th, he remains an elite operator, beaten only by the absolute best. Is Canelo one of the best, or is he about to become so soon? Dec. 1st in New York will be one hot ticket whoever the phenomenally popular Cotto fights. Triple that if his dance partner is the unbeaten sensation from Mexico.
If Cotto wins his fight on Dec. 1st, rematches with Mayweather and Pac-Man could happen for him. If Canelo wins? Well, that road to superstardom will have gotten a whole lot shorter.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say