Miguel Cotto Media Day Quotes – Cotto vs Trout
Miguel Cotto – “Trout has been a World Champion and he deserves his recognition. I know why I accepted this challenge..
“Training in Big Bear was great and we accomplished all the goals that [trainer] Pedro [Diaz] had for us. Everything so far is going just as he planned. I’m feeling great.
“Pedro has been a great addition to my career and for our team. Everyone saw the results with my fights against (Antonio) Margarito and (Floyd) Mayweather. Now, we’ll see how I perform against Trout.
“All fights are different and every fighter is different, but I’m training hard like always and I’m ready to show that everyone on December 1 st .
“Trout is not the only undefeated fighter that I have faced. He is not the first champion either. With that in mind, I will climb into the ring to win.”
“Since I started working with Miguel Cotto, we talked about the future, different training techniques and new preparations like training at high altitude. We trained for three weeks in Puerto Rico to prepare Miguel for Big Bear. Once we got there, training was excellent.
“The final result was exactly what we wanted and we met our physical and mental goals for Miguel. Miguel has been in some very tough and difficult fights and we wanted to give his body some extra oxygen by training in Big Bear. Everyone knows the benefits of training at a high altitude and it paid off.
“We came back to Orlando to finish our preparations and everything has gone smoothly. He’s 100% ready and Miguel can feel the difference from this training camp to the others before. I know were going to win on December 1 st .”
“I’m very emotional and happy about my upcoming fight. I’m fighting at a legendary venue and to fight on the co-main event underneath Miguel is an honor. This is also my first time on SHOWTIME and an opportunity that very few people get.
“I’m fighting a tough Mexican fighter and I’m expecting a war…Puerto Rico vs. Mexico! I promise everyone, it will be a great show.”
- WEIGHTS FROM TWIN RIVER
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah final press conference quotes
- Gunn and Johnson confirm “Celtic Warrior vs Road Warrior”!
- When enough is not enough
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights