- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
News: Huck/Arslan Officials; Roberto Ortiz Appointed As IBO Fight Commissioner
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO- World Boxing Organization (WBO), by president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, announces today the referee and judges who will work this Saturday, November 3, in the cruiserweight (200 pounds) title bout between champion Marco Huck and Firat Arslan, to be held at the Gerry Weber Stadium in Halle Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany, in a Sauerland Events presentation.
Valcarcel reported that for the tenth title defense of the WBO cruiserweight title for Huck (34-2-1, 25 KOs) against the seventh ranked Arslan (32-5-1, 21 KOs), the referee will be Celestino Ruiz, from United States.
Meanwhile, the judges for the Huck-Arslan fight are Paul Thomas and Mickey Vann, both from United Kingdom, and Giustino Di Giovanni, from Italy. WBO supervisor for this bout will be Istvan “Koko” Kovacs.
RAMIRO ORTIZ – FORMER CHAIRMAN OF THE FLORIDA STATE BOXING COMMISSION APPOINTED AS IBO INTERNATIONAL FIGHT COMMISSIONER
The IBO is pleased to announce that Ramiro Ortiz has accepted a position with the IBO. Ortiz is well known and highly respected in Florida boxing circles for his numerous accomplishments.
He promoted monthly boxing shows in Ft. Lauderdale in 1981-1984 and was named promoter of the year in 1982 by South Florida Boxing Boosters and Boxing Today Magazine.
He developed future world champions and contenders including Robert Daniels, Slobaden Kacar, Juan Arroyo, Adolfo Medel and Jose Ribalta.
He co-promoted world championship matches with Chris Dundee including Larry Holmes vs. Gerry Cooney and Sergio Palma vs. Leo Cruz.
His regulatory experience included two years on the Florida State Boxing Commission appointed by Governor Jeb Bush and two years as Chairman appointed by Governor Crist.
Owner of one of the largest boxing libraries in the United States, he was inducted into the Florida Boxing Hall of Fame in June 2011.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity