- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Back at home Chris Algieri's whirlwind continues
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int'l Intrigue
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- ‘The Hammer’ To Make Bolton Statement
- Iron Boy Promotions Announces Iron Boy 16: El Paso
- Fight Network Presents Galahad vs. Dos Santos LIVE Boxing this Sat. at 5 pm ET
- NY Golden Gloves Champion Earl Newman to make pro debut Oct 4
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
News: Julian Rivera; Serano Sisters; Joe Smith Jr.
Mexico DF, Mexico: All Star Boxing, Inc. will return with their successful series of “Boxeo TELEMUNDO Ford” on Friday, September 28th, 2012 to the beautiful Foro Polanco in Mexico City.
In a highly anticipated rematch, WBC Latin Flyweight Champion Julian “Chicano” Rivera of Barrio Tepito, Mexico City, Mexico (12-6-2 KO’s) , battles fellow countryman Edgar “Power” Jimenez who also hails from the Mexican Capital (15-7-1-11 KO’s) in a fight schedule for 12 rounds with Rivera’s title at stake.
In their first encounter, last July 13, in an all out war for 12 rounds, Rivera edged Jimenez by split decision, on scores of 114-113, 113-114 and 117-113 to capture the title. The fight was so close and competitive that WBC ordered an immediate rematch.
First bell at 8:00 PM, 6 mores fights round up the card. The main event will be televised live by Telemundo Network at 11:35 PM available in HD. Tickets are already on sale at Foro Polanco (Moliere #328, Col. Polanco, Delegacion Miguel Hidalgo and also at ticketmaster.com.mx. The show is being presented by Tuto Zabala’s Jr. All Star Boxing, Inc. in association with Ricardo Maldonado, Jr., Producciones Deportivas, RB Producciones .
Serrano Sisters Sign Promotional Deal
The siblings look forward to fighting in New York
Septmember 18, 2012 – NEW YORK – The first sisters of the boxing world, Amanda and Cindy Serrano, have signed an exclusive, multi-year promotional deal with Bob Duffy’s Ring Promotions and event producer David Schuster’s Winner Take All Productions.
“We are thrilled to be promoting the Serranos,” said Duffy. “I’ve watched them mature as fighters over the years and they are completely world class. They are capable of beating anyone in the world within their weight class.”
Cindy Serrano is currently 17-5-2 with 8 knockouts and holds the WIBA International lightweight belt. Amanda Serrano is 15-1-1 with 10 knockouts and is the former IBF super featherweight world champion. Both fighters will be campaigning at 130 pounds.
“I think this is the greatest,” said Jordan Maldonado, the trainer and manager of both Serranos. “I think Dave is a straight-up guy. He’s been very honest with us. The girls feel comfortable with him and that’s very important to me. And I’ve known Bob Duffy forever. He’s an honest promoter and has always tried to do right by the girls.”
Cindy Serrano captured the WIBA title by decisioning Kerri Hill on August 11, while fighting on a Ring Promotions-Winner Take All card. The Serrano sisters and Maldanado all hail from Carolina, Puerto Rico. They currently reside in Brooklyn, New York and train out of the International Boxing and Fitness Gym in Ridgewood, Queens.
“I see the Serrano sisters taking the sport of women’s boxing to an entirely new level,” said Schuster. “They are bright, polite and they can fight! We want to showcase the finest that women’s boxing has to offer and the Serrano sisters is where it all starts.”
Both Cindy and Amanda are coming off knockout victories in the Dominican Republic on September 16.
“I think this is going to be a fantastic team,” said Maldonado. “We are all going to work really hard.”
About Ring Promotions: President Bob Duffy, a retired NYPD member, served on the New York State Athletic Commission for 13 years. His roles included Athletic Assistant, Inspector, Chief Inspector and Deputy Commissioner. He started Ring Promotions with Tony Mazzarella more than 15 years ago and has been an active promoter ever since. Bob is president of Ring 8 and a board member for the New York Boxing Hall of Fame.
About Winner Take All Productions: Event Producer David Schuster has been a lifelong boxing fan and founded Winner Take All three years ago with the purpose of producing boxing-themed entertainment. Schuster was the Executive Producer of the critically acclaimed off Broadway play, “Kid Shamrock” and the Cuban boxing documentary “A Fighting Chance.” Dave’s next project is the feature length film on the life of Holocaust survivor and heavyweight contender, Harry Haft.
INTERNATIONAL FIGHT NIGHT PRESS CONFERENCE VIDEOS AND INFORMATION
QUEENS, NEW YORK (SEPTEMBER 19, 2012)—On Tuesday afternoon at the beautiful Resorts World Casino New York City, New Legend Boxing, Old World Boxing and W.O.N Boxing Promotions staged the final press conference in advance of Saturday night’s historic boxing card at the same venue.
In the main event, Joe Smith Jr. (10-1, 10 KO’s) takes on Yasin Rashid (7-2, 2 KO’s) in a eight round Light Heavyweight bout. In the eight round co-feature, it will be a battle of two undefeated fighters as Frank Galarza (7-0, 4 KO’s) takes on Alantez Fox (7-0, 3 KO’s) in a Jr. Middleweight bout.
The show will also feature appearances from undefeated Juan Dominguez (10-0, 7 KO’s), Rafael Vazquez (8-0, 6 KO’s) and popular Jr. Middleweight Boyd Melson (9-1, 4 KO’s) on the ten bout card.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Video: George Groves – Christopher Rebrasse Weigh-In
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things