- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Chilemba-Grachev Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- “San Diego Fights: Border War” Set for Friday, April 4th!
- Gulfstream Promotions card featuring Brandon Quarles This Saturday night in Springfield, VA.
- NBCSN Fight Night Only Place to Catch Adamek-Glazkov – Tickets Sold Out!
- Ceylan to fight Urena at the Nordic Fight Night in Esbjerg
- M-1 Challenge 46 Fact Sheet for Friday in Russia
News: Quotes from Media Conference at Magic City; United Boxers Returns Dec 1
A press conference was held yesterday at the Magic City Casino in Miami to discuss the Friday, January 4, season-opening broadcast on ESPN Friday Night Fights, live from Stage 305 in the Magic City Casino. Headlining the Warriors Boxing and Bad Dog Productions, in association with the Magic City Casino, event entitled “Friday Night Fights at Magic City Casino” will be a 12-round super featherweight main event between Miami’s own Rances “Kid Blast” Barthelemy (17-0, 11 KOs), currently ranked #5 in the world by the IBF, against fellow undefeated prospect and Afghani-Canadian Arash Usmanee (20-0, 10 KOs), who is ranked #8 in the world by the WBA.
In the co-featured televised bout, Puerto Rican powerhouse Jonathan “Mantequilla” Gonzalez (15-0-1, 13 KOs) takes on highly regarded Philadelphian Derek “Pooh” Ennis (23-3-1, 13 KOs) in a junior middleweight 10-rounder.
Up-and-coming contenders Roberto J. Acevedo and Hairon Socarras were also both in attendance at the conference.
Quotes from the Conference:
Richard Dobal (Co-Promoter and President of Bad Dog Productions): “We are very excited about hosting this great event in this venue, Stage 305. We have an explosive card and are looking forward to a great night of boxing.”
Rances Barthelemy (17-0, 11 KOs): “I am happy to be fighting in Miami in front of all my fans and family. I am ready to score an impressive victory for my family and my city. They give me the strength I need to become champion.
Jonathan Gonzalez (15-0-1, 13 KOs): “I am preparing myself physically for this fight to put on the kind of performance that will erase from memory what happened in my last fight. I feel good and training is going great. I will show I am a future champion on January 4.”
Roberto Acevedo (6-0, 3 KOs): “I’m more than ready to fight. I don’t feel any pressure, I’m aware that whatever the outcome the victory will go one way… Team Acevedo’s way!!!
Hairon Socarras (5-0, 4 KOs): “It is always good to fight in your hometown. I feel great and it will be great night of boxing. I can’t wait to perform in front of my friends and family on this fantastic show.”
Tickets are on sale now and can be bought on the Magic City Casino website: www.magiccitycasino.com as well as in person at the Magic City Players Club. They are priced at $100, $75, $50 and $35.
On fight night, doors open at 7:30 pm and the first bell is at 8:00.
UNITED BOXERS RETURNS, SATURDAY DECEMBER 1, WINCHESTER SPORTSPLEX
BALTIMORE, MD (November 16, 2012) UNITED BOXERS returns with another evening of world-class professional boxing on Saturday, DECEMBER 1 at the Winchester Sportsplex/Wells Fargo Multi-Purpose Arena in Winchester, Virginia.
Advance tickets priced at $50 for VIP and $30 General Admission ($35 at the door) are available at the Winchester Sportsplex, The Staunton Boxing Club on Staunton, Virginia and through Eventbrite.com. The Winchester Sportsplex/Wells Fargo Multi-Purpose Arena is located at 221 Commonwealth Road in Winchester, VA. Doors on the night of the event will open at 6pm with the first bell at 7pm.
In the main event, fan favorite and undefeated junior welterweight prospect Todd “White Lightning” Wilson of Alexandria, Virginia will clash with battle tested Puerto Rican Jose Angel Roman.
The 28-year-old Wilson, 14-0-0 (4KO’s). will be making the fourth start of his 2012 campaign, the southpaw is coming off a shutout six round unanimous decision over John Willoughby on JUNE 23 in Arlington, Virginia.
Fighting out of St. Augustine, Florida, Roman, 11-33-5 (5KO’s) returns to the DMV area following a hard fought six round decision loss to James Stevenson on AUGUST 19 in Baltimore, MD.
In the co-main event undefeated corporate attorney Venroy July of Suitland, MD will battle 2000 US Olympian Dante Craig in a six round cruiserweight bout.
July, 12-0-2 (5KO’s), is returning to the Winchester Sportsplex/Wells Fargo Multi Purpose Arena following a stunning fourth round knockout of Cullen Rogers on OCTOBER 20.
Fighting out of the boxing rich city of Cincinnati, OH, the heavy handed Craig, 19-13-1 (14KO’s), is looking to get back in the winners’ circle following a loss to Blake Caparello on JULY 20 in Victoria, Australia.
In a special attraction bout, Richie Andrews, 5-2-3 (2KO’s), of Stuarts Draft, VA will face-off once again in a four welterweight clash with Curtis Morton, 1-3-2, of Harlem, NY. Their original fight, a scorching barnburner on OCTOBER 20 was stopped prematurely due to an injury suffered by Morton.
Also featured in separate bouts on DECEMBER 1 will be junior welterweight sensation Edgar “The Tiger” Torres, 2-0-1, (2KO’s) of Springfield, VA, Lynchburg middleweight Joshua Robertson 3-0-0 (1KO), junior lightweight Raymondo Elliott, 2-1-0 (2KO’s) of Baltimore, MD and super middleweight veteran Maxell “The General” Taylor, 17-4-1 (8KO’s), also of Baltimore.
Rounding out the card will be excellent amateur sensation and highly regarded professional prospect Ronald “Akeem” Ellis,
5-0-0 (4KO’s) of Lynn, Massachusetts.
United Boxers was founded in 2010 by Chris Middendorf. The goal of the company is to develop world-class professional fighters and promote them to the championship level. For further information or to be added to their mailing list, go to their website, UnitedBoxers.com.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Anthony Peterson vs. Marcos Jimenez, March 21st ESPN FNF Co-Main
- Vanes Martirosyan Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Al Haymon Signs Baltimore Featherweight Gervonta Davis
- Ekpo wants all the big fights in the world
- Hopkins-Shumenov Announce Light Heavyweight Unification Bout
- Froch/Groves – Promotion for Dummies?