- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
Nick Cannon to host Ward-Dawson Official Weigh-In On Friday, September 7
OAKLAND (August 31, 2012). The official weigh in for Andre Ward vs. Chad Dawson just got bigger and bolder as Nick Cannon, award winning actor, comedian, multi-media mogul, TV and radio show host, has come aboard to serve as host for the open-to-the-public free admission event, set for Friday, September 7 at the Oakland City Center, City Center Square in Oakland, CA.
The weigh-in will be the main event of the festivities scheduled for the official
Ward vs. Dawson FANFEST, an event filled with a live radio broadcast by the new game in town, 95.7 The Game, music by KBLX, celebrities, food and a beer garden sponsored by Corona, with fan interactive boxing activities brought to you by Everlast, all starting at Noon on Friday. Fans are encouraged to arrive early before the 2:30 PM weigh-in and to find a spot to enjoy the fun and get ready for a once-in-a-lifetime experience and the most dramatic moment leading into the event other than the fight itself, when Oakland’s own Andre Ward and Chad Dawson face each other for the last time before entering the ring on Saturday night at Oracle Arena.
Ward vs. Dawson – World Champions – “Made In America” takes place on Saturday, Sept. 8, at Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif. is promoted by Goossen Tutor Promotions and Gary Shaw Productions in association with Antonio Leonard Productions and SOG Promotions and sponsored by Corona, City of Oakland, Oakland Tribune, Azad Watches and 95.7 The Game.
Cannon, who announced via his Twitter @nickcannon that he is making his ring announcing debut at the Ward vs. Dawson event, will call the weights for the main event fighters including the explosive co-featured World Championship bout between the champion from Mexico, Antonio DeMarco vs. California’s John Molina Jr., as well as Ward vs. Dawson.
Cannon, CEO of NCredible Entertainment who can currently be seen weekly on NBC’s hit talent show “America’s Got Talent” as well as heard on his own nationally syndicated weekend Top 40 Countdown radio show, ‘Cannon’s Countdown’ is thrilled to be bringing his on-air “emcee” skills to sports fans in the arena and watching worldwide.
Tickets priced at $300, $200, $100, $75, $50 and $25 and are available for purchase online at www.oraclearena.com, www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets are also available at the ORACLE Arena box office.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity