- Sampson Boxing Signs Prospect Duo from Houston
- WBC: Mayweather-Pacquiao
- FRANK GALARZA REFLECTS ON PAST WEEKEND’S IMPRESSIVE VICTORY
- Date change and undercard announced – Golden Boy Live! at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Abraham: I’m ready to defend my title on Saturday night
- Crawford vs Beltran News Conf in Omaha
Nick Cannon To Serve as Ward vs. Dawson Weigh-In Host and Ring Announcer This Weekend!
(Photo Credit: Alexis Cuarezma/HBO) OAKLAND (Sept. 5, 2012) – Nick Cannon, award winning actor, comedian, multi-media mogul, TV and radio show host will officially enter the boxing world this weekend when he hosts the final weigh-in and acts as the official ring announcer for the Andre Ward vs. Chad Dawson World Championship showdown this Friday, September 7 and Saturday, September 8 respectively.
Fans can catch the weigh-in live on a variety of top internet outlets as well as see Cannon step into the ring as announcer at Oracle Arena in Oakland or live on HBO World Championship Boxing® beginning at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT. The Oracle Arena doors open on Saturday at 4:00 p.m. with the first fight beginning at 5:00 p.m. Friday’s weigh-in will take place at 2:30 p.m. during a FANFEST at Oakland City Center, which will happen from noon to 6:00 p.m. Both events are FREE and open to the public.
“I am happy that I am going to be in the building [Oracle Arena]. They have me doing that announcing and I haven’t done that before,” said Cannon during his visit at Ward’s gym on Friday, Aug. 17. “I am just honored to be invited to do it. I have to do the job for reaI…I can’t be stuttering.”
“The good thing about you is that you have personality and you know how to turn it on,” said Ward in response. “You’ve got some spunk. You know how to turn it on. I am not worried about you.”
Cannon, CEO of NCredible Entertainment can currently be seen weekly on NBC’s hit talent show “America’s Got Talent” as well as heard on his own nationally syndicated weekend Top 40 Countdown radio show, ‘Cannon’s Countdown.’
Ward vs. Dawson “World Champions – Made In America” takes place on Saturday, Sept. 8, at Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif. is promoted by Goossen Tutor Promotions and Gary Shaw Productions in association with Antonio Leonard Productions and SOG Promotions and sponsored by Corona, City of Oakland, Azad Watches, 95.7 The Game and the Oakland Tribune.
Tickets priced at $300, $200, $100, $75, $50 and $25 (plus fees) are available for purchase at the Oracle Arena box office or by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or online at ticketmaster.com.
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Canelo Alvarez Signs Major Agreement with HBO Sports
- Canelo back at HBO; next fight likely Joshua Clottey on December 6th
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint