- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Nielsen vs Mendy in Esbjerg on Feb 9
WBA Intercontinental Middleweight Champion Patrick Nielsen (17-0, 8 KOs) will take on Patrick Mendy (14-5, 1 KO) at the Nordic Fight Night in Esbjerg on February 9. The “Tiger”, as he is known to his fans in the UK, made himself a name in 2010 when he became the youngest-ever winner of the popular Prizefighter tournament. Two years later, he boasts a record of 14 wins and five defeats. “I am coming to Denmark to destroy Nielsen,” he said. “I am Patrick “The Tiger” Mendy, I will cut Nielsen everywhere and leave my mark on his face!”
Nielsen has laughed off Mendy`s fight talk. “I have heard a lot of rubbish from my opponents before fights,” he said. “This one guy, Gaston Vega, even wore a slayer-shirt at the press conference. At the end of the day, it was always them in the dust, not me. It will be the same with Mendy. He´s going down, like all of my opponents before him.”
Neither Nielsen nor Mendy will have a peaceful Christmas time. “Right now Micki and I are training in Denmark, we are working extremely hard. We will stay in Copenhagen until the new year and then go to training camp in Guestrow. We will have a little Christmas party with our family but unfortunately I can´t touch all the delicious food. I need to be in perfect shape in Esbjerg because I want to give the fans at Blue Water Dokken a very special fight.”
Mendy said: “There will be no Christmas for me, I only train, that´s what fighters do, train all the time. This is a very important fight for me, I am coming to take Nielsen´s title and that is what I am training for.”
Promoter Nisse Sauerland is excited about the clash. “I think this will be a very interesting fight. They are young, a 21-year-old versus a 22-year-old, they are hot-blooded, they have both enjoyed some early success in their careers and once the bell goes I am sure they will jump at each other. It will be an exciting main event for the Nordic Fight Night at Blue Water Dokken.”
More fights will be announced shortly. Norwegian Featherweight Andreas Evensen (17-2-1, 6 KOs) will challenge European Champion Alexander Miskirtchian (21-2-1, 7 KOs). Tickets for the first Nordic Fight Night of 2013 are available at billetten.dk.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity