- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
News: Odlanier Solis vs Leif Larsen bout on October 12th; Hitz Lands Role on Fox’s Mob Doctor; Ticket alert!
Former 2004 Olympic Cuban gold medalist, Odlanier Solis, 18-1, 12 KO’s, is getting ready for his Oct 12th defense of his IBF Intercontinental Heavyweight title against Leif Larsen, 16-0, 13 KO’s. The fight will take place at Madrid Arena, in Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid, Spain. Solis is training hard and plans to continue his camp straight through to his next fight if he is successful on Oct. 12th.
Ahmet Oner, Solis’ adviser, said he is pleased with Solis’ training so far, “This is Solis’ last chance to get a world title. He has a new determination. He is taking his training very seriously, and moving in the right direction. We are pleased.”
Hitz Lands Role on Fox’s Mob Doctor
Boxing fans, Chicago-based boxing promoter Bobby Hitz of Hitz Boxing will appear on tonight’s episode of the new Fox TV series, Mob Doctor.
Hitz will play Joey, a bodyguard to mob boss Constantine Alexander, played by William Forsythe.
Forsythe, an avid boxing fan, recently completed filming on “The Bronx Bull” (the sequel to the 1980 Martin Scorsese-directed classic Raging Bull), in which he played the lead role of Jake LaMotta.
The actor and the promoter/actor quickly hit it off and spent over an hour talking about the sweet science before filming their scenes.
Mob Doctor is based on the book: Il Dottore: The Double Life of a Mafia Doctor by Ron Felber and follows Grace Devlin (played by Jordana Spiro), a well-educated doctor who took on her brother’s debt to the mob. Grace works off her debt by killing or helping anyone they demand.
Hitz says depending on the popularity of the show, his role will become a recurring one.
This comes in addition to Hitz’s own successful web-based reality series, Hitz Boxing, which follows the behind-the-scenes ins and outs of producing his successful boxing shows. The Hitz Boxing show has already garnered over 350,000 views in its first month of production.
Mob Doctor can be seen on Fox affiliates tonight (Monday) at 9pm/8pm CT.
TICKET ALERT!!! UNITED BOXERS RETURNS, OCTOBER 20, WINCHESTER, VA. SPORTSPLEX
WINCHESTER, VA (October 1, 2012) “LIVE from the Winchester Sportsplex in the Wells Fargo Multi-Purpose Arena”, UNITED BOXERS has announced details of a sensational series of professional boxing events featuring numerous local favorites and world-class prospects debuting on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20 with additional events to follow on DECEMBER 1 and FEBRUARY 9.
Advance tickets priced at $50/VIP Ringside and $35/General Admission may be purchased online through EventBrite. Doors on the evening of the event will open at 6PM with the first bell at 7PM. For more information on the Winchester Sportsplex visit their website at WinchesterSportsplex.
Among the featured local fighters appearing in separate bouts are Baltimore’s undefeated welterweight contender James “Keep’em Sleepin” Stevenson, 16-0-0 (11KO’s), and hard-hitting attorney and cruiserweight prospect Venroy July, 11-0-0 (4KO’s) of Suitland, Maryland.
Since turning professional four years ago, the skilled and flashy Stevenson has become one of the most popular fighters in the Mid-Atlantic region area. Most recently, Stevenson stopped Dontre King in the first round on SEPTEMBER 22.
A native of Jamaica, July has been very busy in court practicing law and in the ring perfecting his craft, compiling an undefeated record of 11-0-2 with four knockouts in three years as a pro. This will be the third bout of his 2012 campaign, as he won an eight round unanimous decision over the highly regarded Justin Howes on JUNE 16 at the DuBurns Arena.
Additional local newcomers on the card include Baltimore lightweight prospect Raymondo Elliott, 1-1-0 (1KO), welterweight Ritchie Andrews, 4-2-3 (1KO), of Stuarts Draft, Virginia and female newcomer Tyrieshia “Baby Girl” Douglas, 1-0-0 (1KO) of Washington D.C. Douglas is a former amateur standout, losing only in the 2011 US Olympic Trials.
Three world class national prospects will also be featured on the card in separate bouts with Puerto Rican super middleweight Ronald “Akeem” Ellis, 3-0-0 (3KO’s), light heavyweight KO artist Trevor McCumby, 6-0-0 (6KO’s) and junior welterweight Rolando Chinea, 3-0-0 (2KO’s), of Lancaster, PA hitting the ring.
Originally from Lynn, Massachusetts, Ellis is currently training with Robert Garcia in Oxnard, California, alongside numerous world champions including Nonito Donaire, Brandon Rios and Kelly Pavlik. Among his extensive accolades as an amateur was his 2010 National Golden Gloves Championship.
Just 19 years old, McCumby was also a sensational amateur winning the 2010 Under 19 National Amateur Championships. Both Ellis and McCumby are guided by heralded manager Cameron Dunkin who has built numerous world champions.
Completing the card in separate four rounders are cruiserweight veteran Daniel Shull of Winchester, VA and super middleweight veteran Johnny Hayes, 7-5-1 (4KO’s) of Atlantic City, New Jersey.
United Boxers was founded in 2010 by Chris Middendorf. The goal of the company is to develop world-class professional fighters and promote them to the championship level. For further information or to be added to their mailing list, go to their website, UnitedBoxers.com.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada