- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Boxing Cheat Sheet: Breakdown of Hopkins-Shumenov
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- Unafraid and unfiltered, Diekmann returns April 25
- THE FIGHT GAME WITH JIM LAMPLEY KICKS OFF SEASON THREE WITH AN ALL-NEW EDITION DEBUTING SATURDAY, APRIL 19
- Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
- AFN To Carry Tomorrow Night’s ShoBox Tripleheader With Sammy Vasquez
News: Odlanier Solis vs Leif Larsen bout on October 12th; Hitz Lands Role on Fox’s Mob Doctor; Ticket alert!
Former 2004 Olympic Cuban gold medalist, Odlanier Solis, 18-1, 12 KO’s, is getting ready for his Oct 12th defense of his IBF Intercontinental Heavyweight title against Leif Larsen, 16-0, 13 KO’s. The fight will take place at Madrid Arena, in Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid, Spain. Solis is training hard and plans to continue his camp straight through to his next fight if he is successful on Oct. 12th.
Ahmet Oner, Solis’ adviser, said he is pleased with Solis’ training so far, “This is Solis’ last chance to get a world title. He has a new determination. He is taking his training very seriously, and moving in the right direction. We are pleased.”
Hitz Lands Role on Fox’s Mob Doctor
Boxing fans, Chicago-based boxing promoter Bobby Hitz of Hitz Boxing will appear on tonight’s episode of the new Fox TV series, Mob Doctor.
Hitz will play Joey, a bodyguard to mob boss Constantine Alexander, played by William Forsythe.
Forsythe, an avid boxing fan, recently completed filming on “The Bronx Bull” (the sequel to the 1980 Martin Scorsese-directed classic Raging Bull), in which he played the lead role of Jake LaMotta.
The actor and the promoter/actor quickly hit it off and spent over an hour talking about the sweet science before filming their scenes.
Mob Doctor is based on the book: Il Dottore: The Double Life of a Mafia Doctor by Ron Felber and follows Grace Devlin (played by Jordana Spiro), a well-educated doctor who took on her brother’s debt to the mob. Grace works off her debt by killing or helping anyone they demand.
Hitz says depending on the popularity of the show, his role will become a recurring one.
This comes in addition to Hitz’s own successful web-based reality series, Hitz Boxing, which follows the behind-the-scenes ins and outs of producing his successful boxing shows. The Hitz Boxing show has already garnered over 350,000 views in its first month of production.
Mob Doctor can be seen on Fox affiliates tonight (Monday) at 9pm/8pm CT.
TICKET ALERT!!! UNITED BOXERS RETURNS, OCTOBER 20, WINCHESTER, VA. SPORTSPLEX
WINCHESTER, VA (October 1, 2012) “LIVE from the Winchester Sportsplex in the Wells Fargo Multi-Purpose Arena”, UNITED BOXERS has announced details of a sensational series of professional boxing events featuring numerous local favorites and world-class prospects debuting on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20 with additional events to follow on DECEMBER 1 and FEBRUARY 9.
Advance tickets priced at $50/VIP Ringside and $35/General Admission may be purchased online through EventBrite. Doors on the evening of the event will open at 6PM with the first bell at 7PM. For more information on the Winchester Sportsplex visit their website at WinchesterSportsplex.
Among the featured local fighters appearing in separate bouts are Baltimore’s undefeated welterweight contender James “Keep’em Sleepin” Stevenson, 16-0-0 (11KO’s), and hard-hitting attorney and cruiserweight prospect Venroy July, 11-0-0 (4KO’s) of Suitland, Maryland.
Since turning professional four years ago, the skilled and flashy Stevenson has become one of the most popular fighters in the Mid-Atlantic region area. Most recently, Stevenson stopped Dontre King in the first round on SEPTEMBER 22.
A native of Jamaica, July has been very busy in court practicing law and in the ring perfecting his craft, compiling an undefeated record of 11-0-2 with four knockouts in three years as a pro. This will be the third bout of his 2012 campaign, as he won an eight round unanimous decision over the highly regarded Justin Howes on JUNE 16 at the DuBurns Arena.
Additional local newcomers on the card include Baltimore lightweight prospect Raymondo Elliott, 1-1-0 (1KO), welterweight Ritchie Andrews, 4-2-3 (1KO), of Stuarts Draft, Virginia and female newcomer Tyrieshia “Baby Girl” Douglas, 1-0-0 (1KO) of Washington D.C. Douglas is a former amateur standout, losing only in the 2011 US Olympic Trials.
Three world class national prospects will also be featured on the card in separate bouts with Puerto Rican super middleweight Ronald “Akeem” Ellis, 3-0-0 (3KO’s), light heavyweight KO artist Trevor McCumby, 6-0-0 (6KO’s) and junior welterweight Rolando Chinea, 3-0-0 (2KO’s), of Lancaster, PA hitting the ring.
Originally from Lynn, Massachusetts, Ellis is currently training with Robert Garcia in Oxnard, California, alongside numerous world champions including Nonito Donaire, Brandon Rios and Kelly Pavlik. Among his extensive accolades as an amateur was his 2010 National Golden Gloves Championship.
Just 19 years old, McCumby was also a sensational amateur winning the 2010 Under 19 National Amateur Championships. Both Ellis and McCumby are guided by heralded manager Cameron Dunkin who has built numerous world champions.
Completing the card in separate four rounders are cruiserweight veteran Daniel Shull of Winchester, VA and super middleweight veteran Johnny Hayes, 7-5-1 (4KO’s) of Atlantic City, New Jersey.
United Boxers was founded in 2010 by Chris Middendorf. The goal of the company is to develop world-class professional fighters and promote them to the championship level. For further information or to be added to their mailing list, go to their website, UnitedBoxers.com.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Jennings vs. Perez, Geale vs. Macklin, May 24 in Corpus Christi and LIVE on HBO
- Paulie Malignaggi ready for Shawn Porter
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire