- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
Pacquiao vs. Marquez 5 possible for Cowboy Stadium in 2013
By Rob Smith: It’s being reported that the Manny Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38 KO’s) vs. Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40 KO’s) 5th fight for 2013 may be headed to the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas rather than Las Vegas, Nevada, where it’s taken place in four of the previous bouts between the two fighters.
Marquez, 39, has wanted to fight outside of Las Vegas since he suffered a controversial decision in his third fight with Pacquiao last year in November. He’ll now no doubt be quite pleased if he can get the fifth fight with Pacquiao to be staged at the Cowboys Stadium because there’s a large Mexican community in the area and they would likely show up in high numbers to purchase tickets.
Pacquiao has already fought twice in the Cowboys Stadium against Joshua Clottey and Antonio Margarito. Both fights drew over 40,000 fans. If those two were able to bring in those kinds of numbers of fans, then a fight between Marquez and Pacquiao could bring as much as 60,000 fans.
I don’t this is a big enough fight to sell out the entire 80,000 seat Cowboys Stadium, but I think they could get within 20,000. They might have to give away a lot of tickets but they could fill the Cowboys Stadium up in a 5th Pacquiao-Marquez fight.
In other news, the pay per view totals for the Pacquiao-Marquez 4 fight is a reported 1.15 million buys and counting, according to the Manila Bulletin. It’s still being tallied but the number at the moment is 1.15 million PPV buys.
Now whether those are true numbers are not is a whole different matter.
I’m kind of skeptical about PPV totals unless it’s being released by HBO or Showtime. When I hear promoters are fighters talking about totals, I don’t buy it. However, I think the Pacquiao-Marquez 4 fight will likely bring in around 1 million buys give or take a few hundred thousand, but we’ll have to see what these numbers come up to.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity