Patrick Nielsen climbs to #4 in WBA ratings
WBA Intercontinental Middleweight Champion Patrick Nielsen (17-0, 8 KOs) will return to the ring on February 9 when the Nordic Fight Night hits Esbjerg. His opponent for the big boxing show at Blue Water Dokken will be announced shortly. “I look forward to fighting in Esbjerg,” the 21-year-old said. “I am now the number 4 in the new WBA ratings and I intend to climb even higher, so I need another spectacular win. I have big plans for 2013.”
Nielsen comes off a good performance in Helsinki where he defeated Jamel Bahki on points. He will already make his third defence of the title he won in Frederikshavn in April. “Patrick had a very busy 2012,” promoter Nisse Sauerland said. “At the age of 21, he already has 17 wins to his name. That is very impressive and I am sure he will kick off the new year with a bang.”
Launched in 2012 by Team Sauerland and Viasat, the Nordic Fight Night is a revolutionary concept to boost boxing in the Nordic region. Over the course of the next five years, Viasat Denmark, Viasat Sweden and Viasat Norway will broadcast between five and seven Nordic Fight Nights per year. The shows, which will take place in various venues across Denmark, feature the biggest names in Scandinavian boxing. “We are thrilled to bring the Nordic Fight Night to Esbjerg and can promise fans thrilling match-ups and an unforgettable evening,” Sauerland added.
“We are very happy to have attracted a big event like the Nordic Fight Night to our new arena, Blue Water Dokken,“ said Jacob Drachmann Haag, Event Manager at Sport & Event Park Esbjerg. “It has been over ten years since we have last had professional boxing at our arena. There is a lot of interest in boxing in Esbjerg and I am sure that we can fill up Blue Water Dokken to create a great atmosphere for the spectators, fighters and the international TV audience.”
Further to Nielsen´s defence, a second title fight has already been confirmed. Norwegian Featherweight Andreas Evensen (17-2-1, 6 KOs) will challenge European Champion Alexander Miskirtchian (21-2-1, 7 KOs).
Tickets for the first Nordic Fight Night of 2013 are available at billetten.dk.
- WEIGHTS FROM TWIN RIVER
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah final press conference quotes
- Gunn and Johnson confirm “Celtic Warrior vs Road Warrior”!
- When enough is not enough
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights