- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
- GOLOVKIN 165, RUBIO 174.5 AT 30-DAY WBC WEIGH IN
Pedraza vs. Valderrama on August 31st
August 15, 2012 – Universal Promotions, Gary Shaw Productions and Dibella Entertainment will be presenting ‘Night of Champions’, a card to be held on Friday, August 31 at the Guillermo Angulo Coliseum in Carolina, Puerto Rico.
In the co-feature bout, ambidextrous boxer, José ‘Sniper’ Pedraza (9-0, 6 KOs), will be facing off against José Valderrama (4-1, 2 KOs), in a fight scheduled for 8 rounds in the super-featherweight division (130lbs).
“I haven’t seen anything from my opponent but I have complete confidence in my team and in all they have told me about him and I am sure we will be victorious” said Pedraza, who is trained by his father Luis Espada in Cidra, PR.
Valderrama’s only loss was in a very close fight against fellow countryman, Kelvin Galarza last year in Ponce, PR.
Pedraza has been very active in his community. He helped paint the premises at the Abelardo Díaz Alfaro Elementary School. He also participated in a taco eating contest with other celebrities, where he shared nice moments with the young ones of the activity organized by the ‘Boys and Girls Club of Puerto Rico’ in conjunction with Taco Bell.
“When I was invited, I didn’t know I had to eat tacos,” said Pedraza. “But no worries, it was part of the deal so I stepped up and competed. We had a lot of fun. I ate four tacos, with the limit being ten”.
About his upcoming bout with Valderrama, Pedraza ended saying, “You will see me planted in the ring, with my signature bounce, and throwing lots of punches”.
‘Night of Champions’ will present the feature bout between WBC No.1 ranked contender at the welterweight division and hometown favorite, Thomas Dulorme (15-0, 12 KOs), who is going up against dangerous Colombian power puncher, Iván Hernández (29-3, 23 KOs) in a fight scheduled for 10-rounds.
Dulorme and Pedraza are part of “Team Puerto Rico”, a collaboration between Gary Shaw Productions, DiBella Entertainment and Universal Promotions with the purpose of gathering the best talent in Puerto Rico.
First fight is set to start at 7:00pm. Tickets priced $20, $38, $53 are available through Ticket Center (www.tcpr.com), or by calling 787.792.5000.
Team Puerto Rico……….the new wave, once again making a splash…..
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!