- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Public workout in Nuremberg: Wegner surprises Abraham!
Arthur Abraham (35-3, 27 Kos) is in Nuremberg. The WBO Champion got to Franconia yesterday, after fighting his way from Berlin through the snow-ridden Germany. His opponent, Mehdi Bouadla (26-4, 11 KOs) flew out to Germany this morning. In the afternoon, the two fighters met for the first pre-fight appointment, the open workout session.
However, it was Ulli Wegner who was the cause for the biggest surprise of the day. Abraham’s coach, who is normally known for being quite tough on his fighter, was full of praise for his prodigy. “I have to admit, that Arthur has been giving it a 100 percent during every single training session. I just hope that he will show up with the same attitude once he stands inside the ring with Mehdi Bouadla,” said the 70-year-old. “As a coach you have to make sure that your prodigy keeps his feet firmly on the ground, but he definitely deserved it to be praised.”
Abraham himself was seemingly surprised about the positive acknowledgment by his trainer. He was almost lost for words. “Praised by Mr. Wegner? I am not really used to that. I don’t know what to say.”
Before that, the 32-year-old has been working the pads with his coach. But Wegner was also keen to remind Abraham not to underestimate Bouadla. “We are expecting one hell of a fight. Bouadla pushes his opponents and will do everything he can to grab his chance,” said Wegner.
The media and fans in attendance were able to catch a glimpse of the danger Wegner had been talking about. While working with the pads, Bouadla and his coach Abdel Nasser Lalaoui were displaying the Frenchman’s in-fight skills.
Nevertheless, the WBO Super-Middleweight World Championship between Abraham and Bouadla will not be the only highlight in Nuremberg. Jack Culcay (13-0, 9Kos) will defend his WBA Light Middleweight Intercontinental Title against Jean Michel Hamilcaro (17-4-3, 6 KOs). Also aiming for a belt is unbeaten cruiserweight Mateusz Masternak (28-0, 21 KOs). The Pole will fight it out for the vacant European Championship against Juho Haapoja (18-2-1, 11 KOs). Hoping to make an impression is local boy Wanik Awdijan (1-0, 1 KO). The 17-year-old is aiming for his second victory in front of the home crowd.
Tickets for the big fight night in Nuremberg, Germany can be purchased at www.eventim.de and www.boxen.com.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES