- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
- Full Card Announced For Golden Boy Live! Card In Fairfield, Calif
- Rising Minnesota Prospects Look To Impress Friday Night At Grand Casino Hinckley
Ricky Burns to give public workout on September 8th
Scottish boxing hero Ricky Burns will headline Glasgow’s number one shopping experience the St. Enoch Centre on Saturday 8th September for an action-packed, free-to-watch, public work-out ahead of his big world title defence against English rival Kevin Mitchell.
World Boxing Organization (WBO) World Lightweight Champion Burns is deep in preparations for his showdown with Mitchell at the SECC on Saturday 22nd September, live on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
Burns, the first boxer to win world titles at two weights in twenty years, put his name with the greats of Scottish boxing with sensational wins over Roman Martinez and Michael Katsidis, but tough former world title challenger Mitchell is his toughest fight to date.
Surprisingly, despite Burns’ iconic stature in Scotland, he still has a Saturday morning job at a sports shop in his hometown of Coatbridge and has booked the morning off work to thrill shoppers at St Enoch with a power packed training session.
“The Scottish fans are fantastic and have given me tremendous support on the way to winning two world titles at two weights and I’m happy that I can give them something back with a public training session at the St. Enoch Centre,” Said Burns.
“I’ve got the morning off work to especially come down so I’m looking forward to putting on a special hard-hitting session to show how preparations are going for the big night at the SECC which is one of the biggest in Scottish sporting history,”
Date: Saturday 8th September
Where: St Enoch Centre, St Enoch Square, Glasgow, G1 4BW
Time: 11am start
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz
- Wladimir working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Santa Cruz feels pressure of fighting in co-feature on Mayweather-Maidana 2 card
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Brook pushing hard for Khan fight