- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Ricky Hatton set for Senchenko bout
Ricky ‘The Hitman’ Hatton will make his long-awaited comeback to the ring against Vyacheslav Senchenko on November 24.
The former two-weight World Champion announced his return to the ring earlier this month and has now booked a matchup with the 35-year-old Ukrainian.
Hatton, who has been in strict training for several months, and Senchenko will fight over ten rounds at welterweight at the Manchester Arena.
Senchenko has an impressive record to his name, losing just one of his 33 professional fights and is a former World Champion.
The Hitman, who will celebrate his 34th birthday next week, retired from the sport last year but, after confirming the bout with Senchenko, admitted he’s itching to get back into the ring.
Hatton said: “I can’t wait to get in the ring now and I’m sure that Vyacheslav Senchenko will give me a good fight. It’s one that I am confident I can win though.
“Senchenko lost the last time he fought to Paulie Malignaggi but he has got a good pedigree. I’m in great shape, I’m feeling good and I know I can put on a performance for all those watching.
“I’m a boxer who loves boxing and loves to box. I’m driven by a hunger to box and look forward to getting back in the ring on the 24th.”
As well as Hatton announcing his opponent for November 24, there is an exciting undercard featuring some of Britain’s brightest boxing talent.
Scott Quigg and Rendell Munroe will compete for the WBA Interim World Title at super bantamweight while Sergey Rabchenko will fight Cedric Vitu for the EBU light middleweight title.
Gary Buckland will face Stephen Foster Jr for the British super featherweight title while Martin Murray, Adam Etches, James Dickens, Scott Jenkins and Ryan Burnett will all be in action, with their opponents to be named at a later date.
Limited tickets are available for Ricky’s comeback fight, priced at £40, £50, £75, £125, £200, £300 (subject to booking fees). They can be bought from www.ticketmaster.co.uk (0844 847 8000), www.ticketline.co.uk (0844 888 9991) and www.eventim.co.uk (0844 249 1000).
For Group bookings & Corporate Hospitality call 01925 755 222.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev “The Krusher” back on the Boardwalk & Rios vs Chaves potential FOTY
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing