- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Roach prefers Pacquiao wait until September before fighting again
By Rob Smith: Freddie Roach doesn’t want Manny Pacquiao to take any chances by coming back too early from his knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez. Bob Arum, Pacquiao’s promoter, is mentioned wanting him to be back in the ring in April in either a rematch against Marquez or a fight with Brandon Rios. However, Roach thinks April is far too soon for Pacquiao to be getting back in the ring after the way he was knocked out by Marquez last Saturday night in Las Vegas. Roach thinks Pacquiao would be much better off if he waited until September next year before he gets back in the ring.
Roach told Philstar.com “April or May is way too soon…you get hit with a shot like that and maybe you [Pacquiao] had a concussion. I wouldn’t be thinking of a fight until maybe September. That’s my idea of the soonest.”
Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum may still choose to put Pacquiao back in the ring in April or May, and it might not matter what Roach feels about it. Arum is the one that makes the fights and chooses the dates for Pacquiao’s fights. Roach is just the trainer. His job is to get Pacquiao ready, and that’s all he can do.
It might not seem like the smartest thing for Pacquiao to be put back in action after only four months following his fight with Marquez, but that’s probably what’s going to happen. Everyone around Pacquiao has become so accustomed to him winning each time he fights that he almost seems infallible. But if Arum takes that risk and puts Pacquiao in with Marquez and he gets knocked unconscious again a lot of people will put the blame square in Arum’s lap for hurrying him back in the ring.
The decision ultimately rests with Pacquiao for when he wants to fight again. If Arum wants him back in April, then it’s on Pacquiao to say yes or no to that idea. In this case he needs to be looking out for his own healthy by saying no and waiting at least until September like Roach wants him to so he can lessen the risk that he gets hurt again so soon.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES