- Payasito” Hernandez Team will ask for Purse Bid
- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
Roberto Santos vs. Marcos Nader on Friday
(Picture: Team Sauerland) Tuesday’s press conference ahead of the EU Middleweight Championship on Friday at Multiversum Schwechat, Austria was more about respect than anything else. Before both combatants shared their thoughts with the local press, challenger Marcos Nader (16-0, 2 KOs) presented a Sacher cake to champion Roberto Santos (18-6-2, 10 KOs), who turned 31 today. Surprised by this gesture, the “Tiger of Benidorm” spontaneously hugged his upcoming opponent to thank him.
However, this event was about their bout this upcoming Friday so both got serious. First up to talk was the hometown favourite Marcos Nader: “For sure, Roberto Santos is a big challenge to overcome. But with the so-called ‘Third Fist’ – my fans in support – I am absolutely convinced to crown myself the new EU Middleweight Champion come this Friday.” Furthermore, the 22-year-old thinks to have the right strategy to beat the Spaniard. “Not much time has passed since my last fight – and the same applies to Roberto. We both fought on September 15 and both, me and my coach Otto Ramin, could
watch him fight in Bamberg. There, I saw strengths and weaknesses he has as a fighter. Therefore, I could prepare myself perfectly and will exploit those weaknesses with the right tactics.
But Santos was also an interested onlooker when Nader fought Bertu the night the Spaniard won the EU Middleweight Championship. “He has a pretty good technique which is no surprise to me as he has a vast experience shown by his amateur background.”
Before the press conference concluded, the now 31-year-old defender of the title praised Team Nader. “I thank all of you for your hospitality. It’s nice to fight under these conditions. I’m also awaiting an opponent inside the squared circle who also impresses me on a personal level. Today I received a gift from Marcos but inside the ring he should be prepared for a hard and fair contest.” Nader returned the favour to Santos. “This will be a fight on a level playing field. My present should show that I have a lot of respect for him. But come November 2 it’s all about my career as a boxer and it should be continued in a positive way for me – with a win!”
Tickets for the fight on November 2 can be purchased on www.multiversum-schwechat.at.
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive?
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes