- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Second top-highlight in Berlin: Hernandez takes on Fields
Photo: Wende — The fans at the Max-Schmeling-Halle in Berlin, Germany have another great fight to look forward to. Not only will they get to watch the all-German affair between current European Light Heavyweight Champion Eduard Gutknecht and Juergen Braehmer but it has now been confirmed that Yoan Pablo Hernandez (27-1, 13 KOs) will be defending his IBF Cruiserweight Title against the American Eric Fields (21-1, 15 KOs).
Hernandez took the championship of Steve “USS” Cunningham back in October 2011. Since then he also won a rematch against Cunningham in February and also defended the IBF Crown in a close fight with Canada´s Troy Ross on September 15. Now the 28-year-old prodigy of Coach Ulli Wegner has the first title defense of 2013 firmly in his sight.
“I am very excited“, said Hernandez. “Berlin has become my new home. I live and train here. Never before have I stood inside the ring of the Max-Schmeling-Halle as the champion of the world.” Nevertheless, the third title defense of the southpaw will not be a walk in the park. 30-year-old Fields, also known as “Danger”, has won all of his last ten fights.
Due to a loss to the hands of Ola Afolabi back in 2008, Fields had to wait a little longer for an opportunity to challenge for a world title. However, the man fighting out of Ardmore, Oklahoma has fought his way into the top-15 of the IBF and will give it his best shoot in order to take the belt back to the States.
Yoan Pablo Hernandez: “He is a fighter, who is always looking to move forward and is always up for a real punch up. But I have already started with my preparations and will not get too comfortable during the festive season. I will have to be in tip-top shape and be prepared to give it my all until someone falls. That being said, it won’t be me who will fall. The only one going down on February 2 is Eric Fields.”
Tickets for the big fight night in Berlin, Germany can be purchased at
www.eventim.de and www.boxen.com.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES